Asking a guy I hardly know to hang out... is that weird/creepy?

I met a cute guy in the fall in my swim class that i unintentionally fell for. We talked a few times in the fall, but not a lot. During the winter, we didn't have class together, so i never saw him. But its the beginning of the spring quarter and he's enrolled in the swim again. However, due to money issues, im dropping to part time status, so i won't be taking swim anymore.

I am thinking about asking him and his friend to come swimming with me and my friend(whom, like me, is also dropping to part time) during the open pool hours on campus.

I dont know if asking him to swim with me would be weird/creepy. I added him on fb and messaged him once about the class over winter break, but that was months ago. During class today,the 4 of us (me, my friend, him, his friend) talked a bit, but i dont know if he would find it weird if i asked him, since i haven't really talked to him much.
He seems like a pretty quiet guy. He didn't really talk to anyone but his friend. I talked to him, but he made no effort to talk to me.
Thoughts?

What Guys Said 1

• Doesn't strike me as weird. He might not be interested, in which case... oh well >< But it's certainly worth trying!

I mean, you've got a common interest, you can hang out, and maybe you decide later asking him for a formal date is worth it. Or maybe you decide he's really cute but impossible to talk to and he's not worth it. Or maybe... etc... Give it a go, find out :)

What Girls Said 1

• Wouldn't hurt to try. It wouldn't be weird to ask him to go swimming with you because clearly both of you enjoy swimming. So it'll be something you both have interest in and a good opportunity for something to possibly spark. Good luck!