Guys, when a guy tells you that he loves you... does he truly mean it?

I have this guy, whom I was friends with for a little while then we started dating...and he told me that he loves me and that he doesn't want me to talk to any other guy, and he told me that I was his everything. Can I believe him?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• At 14, he's definitely lying. But not intentally, when you're that young, you can mistake infatuation for love.

Also, you said "for a little while", which means he said it kind of early. Which would mean he lied.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope. If he doesn't want you talking to people, he doesn't love you, he is infatuated with you and wants to control you. That's not love.

• Infatuation... Romeo and Juliet were infatuated with eachother at first... then fell in love. Plus I mean maybe he is just worried to lose me.

• Well then I will just ask him face to face then, lol... well I suppose, it also ends family feuding between the montegues and capulets, lol... only time can tell

• lol, well, if you end the feuding between the Montagues and Capulets there will be much rejoicing, I am sure.

If you ask him if he loves you, or if he means it, he will tell you 'yes'. He may even believe it. In fact he probably does. But what he is feeling is not love. That's my point.

Do not let him tell you who you can see, who you can talk to, what you can do. That is never ok. Someone that does that, does NOT love you. That is a tool of control, not of love.

• No. The fact that he said he doesn't want you talking to other dudes is evidence that he doesn't love you.

• That doesn't sound like love to me at all. Sorry but he doesn't sound like that great of a person to be with.

• He's told me and I have witnessed that every girl he has ever been with has cheated on him... and I don't do that, and he doesn't want to be cheated on again... so I mean I aee where he is coming from, ya know?

• haha he can lie