How should I reply to his boring text?

This guy i've been texting just texted me saying that he had dinner and that he's so full. I don't know how to reply to that...like a 'well done' or a 'that's nice'. What would you say?

Most Helpful Girl

• AHAHA I would say "want a medal?"

On a nicer note.. Ask him

"oh nice, what did you have for dinner?"

• but then he'll tell me and i'll be back to square one

"oh wow, you're having meatloaf with gravy.. that is sooo interesting... please send me a picture of it "lol

• Thanks for MH 😉😝

• no worries :)

What Guys Said 6

• "next time don't pig out basically"

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• Say something funny like, "do u want me to rub your belly? :-P"

--------

You can't expect the guy to carry the conversation ALL the time. Dude just got off of work, he was hungry, he ate, and wanted to tell u about his day because he was thinking about you.

Don't fall into this "passive trap" that too many girls do conversation-wise. It's such a turn off because u come off as disinterested.

• I only come off as disinterested because his comments are dull. I don't want to spend 20 minutes of my life discussing with him over phone/text what i ate and my food preferences (e. g. he asked me what my favourite shape of pasta was), i mean c'mon! When you are in a relationship and you are getting to know someone there should be some level of mystery - you don't need to know what they had for dinner each night and inquire 'oh what brand of sauce did you use for that?'. I agree that a guy shouldn't have to carry the whole conversation, of course not, but if you don't have anything to say, say nothing.

• Thanks for your opinion. I guess my expectations during the first 48 hours of getting to know someone would include texts that are more of a fun, flirty and light-hearted nature and not such mundane stuff so quickly but that's just me. I did actually let him know that his convo wasn't that interesting and the food focus was a little dull to which i got an 'ok' text reply and since then i haven't heard anything so i guess that's that.

• Don't overthink it. He is probably trying to figure out something more fun to say. Really focused guys are such tunnel-vision-plagued people.

I know because I am one. :-D

• i wouldn't say anything, just dont text back

• I like your 'well done' that's quite funny. Say 'well done. I'm feeling really hungry after my threesome with two other girls. Talk soon'

Can you help me with mine pls? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1421015-why-would-you-want-to-give-two-different-types-of-facial-after-a

• I think you should say,
    "THATS FUCKING WONDERFUL! MAYBE THE SLUT YOU HAD DINNER WITH IS GOING TO GROW OLD AND FAT WITH YOU!!!
    WHAT THE FUCK EVER!!!

Then wait an hour or two. Ignore all his calls and texts. Then send text that says "lol". Want dessert"

I think he'd get a big laugh. Try it. Let us know how it goes.

• When will guys learn to stop the texting conversations? Smh

What Girls Said 2

• Change the topic to something else.

• I'll say oh how interesting please tell me more.. so he will feel just as awkward as he made me feel

• LOL - i mean he's a chef so i know he has an interest in food but i really don't think he needs to know what i had for dinner, and how full he is etc... I feel a bit mean saying that though

• Hahahaha