If someone's a single parent is that a dealbreaker for you?

Looking to see people's opinions on dating single parents. Would you date one? You can explain your reasoning in your opinion and any experiences dating one if you want.

• Yes no problem (single and multiple kids).
  • Yes but no more than 1 child.
  • No way.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it really depends where someone is in their lives. Someone who is young and aren't ready to have their own children aren't going to take the responsibility to be apart of someone else's child (ren) lives. It is a huge responsibility being a parent and being a step parent really takes someone special to step up to the plate and love a child that biologically isn't yours.

What Girls Said 6

• I've dated single parents before (his wife cheated on him, divorce)... Not the worst thing, just not for me... I'd like to be with someone that shares the "this is our first baby" experience.

• Its only a problem if their kid is like "Get away from my daddy skank!" Or "You ain't my mama, shutup".

If the guy has a kid who's ready for their daddy to be happy so that they can have a new mommy, I'm all for it.

• yes, I have nothing against it. but, I want kids of my own someday. and I don't want to be a step mother.

• I have no problem dating single parents. They have less time for bs. Exactly what i want

• honestly, no

• I can't say 100% that I wouldn't date a single parent, but it most likely would be a dealbreaker. It's more baggage than I'm willing to take on.

What Guys Said 11

• I voted A... as long as the kids are well behaved and respectful towards me.

At age 29, it's quite common for a woman my age to have a child (ren ), or has been divorced once.

When I was 21, I would have probably said "no way".

But these days it's not a big deal to me If she has kids.

• Right now it's a deal breaker, I can't date someone with a kid, maybe in the future I won't care, but now I can't.

• Both of my marriages were to women that had kids. The first had 3 and the second had 1

• single moms aren't my thing basically

• I don't like the possibity of another guy coming in and out of her kids life. She needs to make the right decision and actually look for a man that's willing to support her and her children for the rest of their lives.

• No, at this point of my life I'm not even near wanting to have kids. So a girl my age having a kid is an instant no. Maybe if I'm older and ready for the responsibility I'd consider it, but I don't know how I will think about this in the future of course.

• Never encountered it, might trip me up for a bit though.

• Overall, no its not as deal breaker. At this point in my life though, I doubt that we'd be compatible. I'm much younger in that sense. I don't feel ready to be a father figure yet. I'm basically a kid myself.

• If it works out i see no problem with it being a problem
    for me to date a single mom who had kids..

• I personally would not.

• no unless its an old crush