Guys, would you date a girl with special needs (I mean mild to moderate, such as mild autism/Asperger’s Syndrome, ADD/ADHD, Dyspraxia)?

I am a professional in this field and I support people with special needs who would like to find a relationship, job, develop themselves etc. I'm currently working on a project involving women with Asperger’s Syndrome/mild autism/other neurological conditions and I would like some general opinions about this from men.

• No way. NEVER.
    20% (4)
  • Possibly. I'd need to find out more but I may consider it
    25% (5)
  • Yes. I don't mind dating somone who is a bit different
    55% (11)
  • Other. Please comment
    0% (0)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
Updates:
I am referring to average people, not those who are amazingly gifted

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I would. Well, maybe because I have Asperger's Syndrome too...

0|1
    0|0
    • Of course, that would be a bonus for you, as long as you had similar interests.

• Show All
    • TheRiddler, there is no medication for Asperger’s Syndrome. It's a neurological difference. It would be the same as giving medication to a gay person to try and make them become straight!

• I agree with the asker.

What Guys Said 10

• I voted B), there is an upper threshold to the weirdness that is tolerable. But then again, I am also weird, I am just not diagnosed with anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know people with Asperger's syndrome. I wouldn't mind dating a girl with mild Asperger's.

Every person with ADHD I've known has been annoying, though.

I don't know about dyspraxia.

0|0
    0|0
  • i guess asperger syndrome wouldn't be a bad thing basically because she might be a genius

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm talking about average. Not everyone with Asperger’s Syndrome is a genius! It's a huge misconception.

• That's true most debilitating forms of autism makes them less intelligent, only high functioning aspergers are intellectual like myself i should add

• Yes i would cause i got mild case of learning disability
    so it wouldn't be problem..

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated a girl with bi-polar once. She was really, really fun in bed, but an extreme bitch otherwise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, mostly cause i would feel guilty
    But if my gf turns out to be one then nah i would stick with her

0|1
    0|0
  • if you like someone you like them, their issues are part of who they are

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a friend who got diagnosed Asperger...

I don't see why I would feel different simply because it was a woman this time around, so I see this as totally possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can date a girl with special needs. No problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted C, being diagnosed with such a condition wouldn't stop me from wanting to date a girl if I liked her. However I guess it's possible that I may be less likely to like someone with such a condition.

0|0
    0|0