I'm planning on leaving America because I'm a minority?

I've had one girlfriend before this, in high school.

However, both times that I went abroad (to two different countries), I received a much, much, warmer welcome from the women there. They were consistently kind to me, and open to me flirting with them, both physically and verbally.

I've read plenty of accounts from American women about how creepy/unattractive/weird non-white guys are.

I've also read plenty of accounts from other non-white guys about how hard it is to get promoted in jobs, or catch a break as an actor.

There is legitimate evidence that people don't empathize with people who are not of their own racial origin. For example, there was a study where white people did not feel as much pain when they saw a black person getting hurt, vs. when they saw the same happen to a white person.

The statistics from dating sites echo a similar reality. When adjusted for height and an objective attractiveness score, white men do markedly better than others. I suspect the same would be true of white women, if we considered marriage and long term relationships (which online dating sites don't keep track of). As an example, I've heard plenty of white guys say they "wouldn't wife a black girl", despite having had sex with them.

And no, I'm not short, and I'm fairly attractive in the conventional sense. I've even posted my picture on here before; it got about 20 upvotes from women, with plenty of positive comments. I've been told that I'm cute by plenty of women, with a following "sorry, but I can only really date white guys".

Anyway, the point of this take is to wake up any of the non-white guys (and hopefully some girls, though I doubt it will) on this site. This country is stacked against you much, much more than it is against any other demographic of people.

There is nothing wrong with men

Most Helpful Guy

• All men should leave America

What Girls Said 7

• Yikes. I've read an article about this, only it was pertaining to women of color about moving abroad to find love. I think it could be extreme, but also to move anywhere new is a great experience. I'm sure it's harder as a man of color here in the US regarding dating as well. I've not really had a hard time dating outside my race tbh, but I have noticed that men from Europe are definitely not shy when it comes to approaching me. They're very romantic and somewhat aggressive in their approach. White men here are always a bit shy to approach, but will stare and show other signs.

Aside from that, there are plenty of women who wouldn't mind dating a non-white man. Minority men are very handsome, sexy, and different. I agree that the media, etc has put minorities in a poor light but there are a lot of people who don't buy into that bull. Any woman worth your while will show you, regardless of race. I wouldn't assume that moving out of the country will automatically make life easier for you. Good luck

• - I wouldn't assume that moving out of the country will automatically make life easier for you.

It would, judging by my experience.

• Not the UK. From what I've seen though, the attitudes are much more relaxed in continental Europe (Germany, Poland, Switzerland, etc.), but I think the easiest thing would be to go to a country of my own origin, or a Latin American country.

• That all sounds great. Especiallu Latin America. My mother is from Belize, and central/south America are so racially diverse. Beautiful culture and people! I do know that there is sort of a divide between light and dark skinned people there too, though.

• Okay? Best wishes -_-

• Well, keep up the good fight. Enjoy your travels.

• Whatever suits you good luck.

• That's a hard decision... I live in Switzerland but my origin is Croatia.
    I am planning to leave Switzerland because it's so judgmental and hard to get accepted. Even if you speak the language and I am born here. My parents had to fight for a passport and it's not easier or better. America is a better place for minority trust me it's hard here to get accepted as a part of the country. I've been to America a view times and the people are much more open and friendly.. The whole culture is so different. It's going to be thougher here than there...

• That's because you're white.

• I wasn't referring to Europe in the first place, although my suspicions are that it would be better there than in America.

And I'm trilingual, so language isn't an issue.

• Well then go for it :)

• The thing where white people didn't care about the black person happens in all races. American has convinced people that a variety of races is good but in reality mixing "species" if you will hurts more then it helps so goodbye and goodluck

• Well, the thing is that's socially conditioned. If you had a white person who was brought up in a black society, they most likely would be unable to empathize properly with white people.

I agree with you that mixing races ultimately only leads to bad.

• Yeah goodluck though!

• Which minority are you part of?
    Anyways, good luck living in a different country :D

What Guys Said 7

• I'm a white guy and I can't blame you. by the way, ever notice how many white American man don't really like American women either? So, they seek women in other countries because they are nicer.

However, keep in mind something about America. With every passing day, you are becoming LESS of a minority. America is becoming even more multicultural. Things are getting better for minorities... Before you die, America will be a pluralistic society and non-Hispanic whites will still be the most populous group but will be less than 50% of the population overall...

• do what you gotta do bruh. do what you gotta do.

• Do you have a hard time finding one girl that is interested in you based more on personality especially? Are you going for quantity?

• You're better off moving to a different state than a different country altogether. I think you'll find that things aren't necessarily better across the pond

• Yep America's the Wild West. Good luck

• I'm white and rather be among those of different races and I am marrying a black woman.

• Thanks OP for bringing this to my attention