FEMALES: why don't you answer dating questions on this site?

beyond preferences, it seems only a third of the females ever answer questions having anything to do with dating. why?

also, too many guys give speculative opinions of what they assume women want and why they do the things they do.

*a third of the opinions come from females.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Most questions really are based on what people feel, not what they think, and most people aren't actually able to sit back and assess that. Men who are successful at dating are better able to give tips about dating women then most women are. Those few women who are self aware enough to do so provide amazing advice, but it's rare.

Its probably like asking what makeup men like. Most men don't know. Women might give better advice about what seems to attract men. The odd heterosexual male makeup artist would probably give the best answers ;)

• you think women give better advice about how to attract men? or did you mean to write men?

• well, above average sounds good. I'll take it! ;p

pick up what?

• women.

the challenge people have (male and female) is that it is easy for them to describe what they'd like, behavior wise, from someone they're attracted to, and find it much harder to describe what behavior would attract them, even if they don't like it.

• i find that guys are generally better with giving a straight answer. I find that with a lot of girls, they tend to be too wishy washy, and tell people what they want to hear. Like, i recently got blocked by this girl on here because I didn't cry with her about how being a dark skinned black girl made her unlikeable by ALL people. If i had to state a problem with the female userbase generally, it would have to be their pandering, and lack of their own personal tastes/beliefs in their answers when it comes to what they look for in men. Instead they often just say a lot of wishy washy stuff. Besides a few notable female users, i dont really get much out of a lot of their answers on dating. I find that to really get what you are looking for, you have to outline exactly how you want girls to answer

Now in terms of guys, the problem with them as a whole on here is that although i think they tend to be a little more direct and honest with their advice on the dating game, the problem on here is that GaG is saturated with some extremely bitter guys. Like, i dont get the sense that half of them even like women all that much. They have a tendency to exaggerate certain problems... So that's an issue too. But i hardly see women as the saving grace for dating questions on here

• lol, the bitter guys scare/worry me. before gag I hadn't realized there were men like that out there.

• well they're certainly an entertaining bunch. They usually cause the drama that brings some relative excitement to gag

• Most females are "shy" from what I see on the site. You can always tell because they're constantly anonymous when they ask questions (as if their internet "identity" mattered...) and a lot of the time, guys can't even tell if their opinion is honest or not as it is. I think a lot of it has to do with insecurity.

• The biggest problem is women won't answer the dating or sex questions. some of us really want to know the answer. women seem to assume everyone that asks a sex question has some twisted reason.
    also many of the women are immature teenage guys.

• I see women answer sex questions a lot. it's only dating questions that get ignored.

• @bubble_tea that's exactly what it is. most of them only ask the questions to find someone to try and sext with.

• it is a shame that there are pigs out there that do that. But unfortunately everyone suffers because of a few assholes. just block them if they do that. I have never messaged anyone. I have answered a lot of messages from people looking for more advice on stuff. I have had two that I considered friends... unfortunately not on the site anymore. Since I only went out on dates with 5 women before I met my ex wife, and only 2 of them were more then 1 date, none of them were girlfriends, and then I was with my ex for 25 years... and... I never had "the talk" when I was a kid. At 46 there is a lot I wonder about. I didn't have the internet when I was growing up so to learn about sex it was an encyclopedia, playboy or penthouse magazine (and other dirtier ones), National geographic, and friends. I didn't have friends. so I was married before I knew how a lot of women stuff worked. Don't punish everyone because of a few bad apples...

• I try and answer some especially if like the guy has changed or something that I can actual give advice. It seems that women dont think life changing events effcts men on here anyways.

• what do you consider life changing events?

• why don't you just tell her to calm down?

• Cuz like really we were only dating and not in a relationship yet ya know? I ended after that. Its ok if you want to text me but I am not gonna cheat on anyone

• Yes, I too have noticed this strange occurrence!

• Yeah @genie23 I'd like to know why don't chu?

• Also, a lot of the "females" answering aren't even females...

• well dammit! that's annoying. I am really curious what other women think and do.

• Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

What Girls Said 7

• Most of them do not answer because they do not have experience at all. A few maybe? I believe they do not want to share their experiences openly. Conservative.
    I think women are helpful generally. If we know a thing really , we try to do our best to help. ( I am not talking about bitchy, jelly types) Women in general are helpful I think. If we do not give any ideas, problem is sth we do not know or sth hopeless.

• that makes sense. most of my relationship type questions are about things I have little to no experience with.

• I answered them more when I was dating. But since I'm single now, well I can't give you advice on a Toyota if all I have are memories of it.

• Sometimes I shy away if a guy is asking because it turns out like this

me: I think you should give it a try and say hi to her.
    guy: what exactly should I say?
    Me: hi
    guy: and what should my eyes be doing? And does sock color matter? How should my voice sound, excited not excited? Should I say hi, hello, hey?

You get the idea...

• haha, yea. this does happen often. people sometime go full circle with theror questions after you answer too.

• I answer questions that I think are interesting and that I think I can offer useful advice to. What kind of questions do you feel are being ignored?

• well, for example I sometimes ask random hypothetical type questions or why do people do this or that type questions and I'll get 2 responses from women and like 10 guys answering why they think women do what they do (which annoys the hell out of me). it just seems women stay silent most of the time.

• Well, for me, I tend not to answer questions like that because peoples' motivations are highly personal and can't really be translated from one person to the next. When someone asks "why would s/he say that/do that", I generally don't feel like I can give an adequate answer because A) I am not that person and I do not understand their feelings, motivations and values, and B) there could be several factors that contribute to that person's action/reaction in a given context that are not mentioned.

As for why more men tend to answer these questions than women? My guess would be that a larger proportion of men than women have a tendency to generalize about the opposite gender's motivations/attitudes/values/etc based off their limited personal experience. We've been socialized since birth to view men as individuals and women as homogenous... being women ourselves, we account for differences between individuals when someone asks why a woman would do/say something, whereas men might not.

• hmm, I see a lot of women generalize men as well.

I get avoiding the questions that ask why someone did a particular thing, if I respond I usually tell them to just ask that person themselves. .

• because dating questions, are, well, boring.

• lol, that's sad to hear. I haven't dated a lot so I would really like to see what women think more. not just the guys. ;/

• i think phrasing helps a lot. like, put your question in the title. sounds like a no brainer, but a lot of people don't get it. "i don't understand this guy" or "does this guy like me" are usually the types of questions in the dating category, and they're just so vague. no one is going to click that. focusing on the real question, like, "when a guy does (something), what does it mean?" or "if a guy does (something) is he flirting with you?"

• I answer dating questions. Fairly often too.

• I haven't noticed any dating questions lately. I answer whatever peaks my interest.