Have you ever not received a text?

Like the question states, have you ever not received a text a friend has sent you? Person I am dating states they didn't blow me off, they just never received my text, but I find that a bit unlikely since all my texts to her and my friends have always gone through.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. My old phone sometimes liked to go for hours without receiving texts people have sent me.

It also liked to not deliver texts I'd sent.

It was a piece of shit.

• My current phone likes to not accept calls or send them straight to voice mail.

• Hmm well the thing is my phone normally has an icon that indicates whether a message is pending being delivered from MY phone, and once it's cleared it means it the messaged delivered from my phone.

• Mine liked to say it was sent but the people I sent it too would say it never came. And then they'd send me stuff and I'd never get it. I'd have to restart my phone and then I'd get like 25 texts.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, I have missed texts before. However, 'never received it' is also my favorite excuse for when I blow someone off and they get mad.

• Hmm well the thing is my phone normally has an icon that indicates whether a message is pending being delivered from MY phone, and once it's cleared it means it the messaged delivered from my phone. So I am wondering if this is just a blow off excuse?

• The icon doesn't have anything to do with it being received on their end - simply that your phone uploaded and sent it. So, you can either choose to trust her or choose to not, cause without sneaking a look at her phone (Which, uh, paranoid much) there's no way to tell. Just weigh your options and pick what sounds right, because it could be either way.

• Yeah it happens to me all the time actually, except its usually that I send a text and it never comes through because they always text me '?' back or 'you didn't reply?' and then send me a screenshot when i 'don't' reply for a few hours but really my text just didn't go through :)

• Yep, I have indeed. It happens.

• i blocked my ex from all social media and he tried to send me a sms (we don't use those messages here in my country). it was very strange because the message was separated in 3: the first part was received at 1:11am, then the third part at 1:26am, then the second part at 1:26am, and then, again, the first part, at 1:26am too. i think it's my phone

What Guys Said 4

• that means my phone would hve some problem basically

• Hmm well the thing is my phone normally has an icon that indicates whether a message is pending being delivered from MY phone, and once it's cleared it means it the messaged delivered from my phone. So should I think they blew me off? My other texts from that day and time seemed to go through to other people

• Yes

Mobile 'phones or the systems they run on don't seem to be very reliable. The sort-of-opposite is more common where the 'phone says that two have arrived, when only one has.

Occasionally IMAP e-mail goes invisible. You only discover it when you download it in POP mode.

• A new form of text weirdness has arisen in the last few days. The text is there but very definitely not where it should be chronologically.

• YES. There is something wrong with Apple IPhones that often will not accept Droid texts.

• Really? Well the person's phone is iPhone and mine is Android, and they've received all my texts before and responded in a timely fashion?

• yeah. thats why Ghostly sms exists

• Care to elaborate?

• Ghostly sms is an app which retrieves "lost" texts, ie. texts which you receive but which never seem to appear in your inbox