I feel like our age difference might change a few things? Any tips?

We match in personality and intelligence. We both enjoy each other's company. But I feel like our age difference might change a few things. I don't want it to, which is why I'm asking for any advice? It's my first time dating someone older than me by 5+ years...

Most Helpful Guy

• It will be tricky, that's pretty big, but totally doable. Make sure that communication if very good, you will have different 'languages', you will have different ways of seeing things, so you will have to overcome miscommunication a lot. So stay calm. Make sure your voice is heard and respected.

Don't worry about people saying most relationships with big gaps don't last... because most relationships with small gaps don't last either. And a heck of a lot of relationships that get all the way to marriage don't even last. So... who cares about that. This is about what is good for you as a person right now, what will make you happy in life, and what will help you grow as a person.

What Guys Said 8

• Honestly i see it as a little creepy, well actually very creepy if i was 38 i couldn't see myself going for a 18 yro, but hey if you like him and you feel like he genuinely likes you too then go for it don't let people influence your dating decisions =)

• A tip?
    Don't do it. he could be your dad.

• He probably just wants a younger woman. Unless both of you want the same things in life, it will never be possible. Take kids for instance, he is at the age where he probably has kids or wants kids. If he want's kids, don't you want a career or to go to college? If he does have kids, then where is this relationship headed?

• if u both like each other... then age difference sholdn;t be an issue basicaly...;-)

• Can you please explain to me why you think this is a smart and viable life choice?
    How do you see this working when he is more than double your age.
    When you were 10 he was 30!!

• same as with a guy your age just remeber that he has priorities in his responsibilities while you may wanna go to crazy college parties. it's gonna be difficult but it can possibly happen good luck

• My mom was 38 when I was 18.

• You shouldn't discriminate based on age.
    Especially when you aren't even 20 years apart.

What Girls Said 7

• You two are at different stages in life. Be sure that you two have the same values and respect each other's goals because you are just starting in life while he is probably trying to settle down. Two people of such a large age gap may still be truly happy if they know and respect each other and have faith in one another (just like any couple, really).

• You are at very different stages of your life. He has been through a lot in his life while you have barely begun to experience adult life. People can say that it's just a number but it's really not, it's experience. 18 and 38 is a hell of a lot different then 45 and 65 even though both are 20 years apart.

• you should be fine. My ex was 45, and I'm 21. We had an amazing relationship, but I ended it because he was becoming possessive. I'm currently dating a man who's 35... In my experience with older men I've found that they can be very possessive. Not all, but some. Enjoy your man :)

• Ya. It most likely won't last. The age gap is too big for something serious. You are both at completely different parts of your life. It will be good for now but things will change. Maybe your case will be different but the vast majority don't work out.

• The only problem I see is that when you are 25 he'll almost be in his 40's and that means realistically you wouldn't be very compatible in the long run.

• Its not going to last there period and if it does good for u lol.

• Think of it this way, are you be able to take care of him when he's already old?