Girls, what do you consider emotional cheating?

What's your definition?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• There's the obvious physical stuff like kissing and sex which includes sexting, and to me cuddling is borderline cheating because of how intimate is, same with holding hands.

Emotional cheating is harder to define, but like if my husband was closer to another woman than he was to me, like telling her things I don't know or even telling her certain kindof things first, confiding in her more, going to her for support, that's pretty much emotional cheating. If he's like flirting with her, trying to look nice to impress her, always thinking of her, etc. Then that's like emotional cheating too. It's hard to explain and it kindof varies especially with certain situations or whatever.

What Girls Said 7

• If he has something happen in his life and his first instinct is to tell her and not me... then that's a sign she's more important to him than I am and I'm out.

• texting a girl u know u like. facebooking constantly. when u like the other girl more yet u feel like youd be missing something if u broke up with ur gf. if u have feeling for another, be a man and just break up with ur gf before she finds out and loses respect 4 u. its normal sometimes when ur young for ur heart to go astray. just be upfront, and dont fall for someone whos not ur gf so easily next time

• If he's constantly talking to her, often delaying his response to me for her, if he's thinking about her just as much, if not more than he does about me, if he tells her more things than he tells me, if he flirts with her etc. Basically, if he acts like you would in the beginning of a relationship - talking all the time, flirting, getting close, thinking about each other constantly. They're pretty much on their way to a relationship.

• Making an emotional connection with another person. Developing feelings for another person when you are in a relationship I've been cheated on twice emotionally and it hurts just as bad as someone who has sex with another person

• If you wouldn't talk to her like that in front of me then it's cheating. If you go to her first before me, hide her from me, make her feel special as if she's your girl that's a big no. Especially if he says sweet things to her that he say to you..😑

I've been emotionally cheated on before and like another girl said, it hurts just as bad as physically being cheated on, if not maybe even worse because they actually made an emotional connection.

• A person who falls in love with another person while they're in a relationship or they go to an outside person to have their emotional needs met instead of their partner.

• Being with him but thinking of someone else