Girls, can a guy ask you out on a date on the first meeting?

I read a thread on here about how guys never ask a girl out in person. I've always done it where I get the girls number and then call her and setup a date. Why do we do it like that? What if I asked her out the first time I approached her and then got her number to setup the details?

I've always done it where I call them later and never had any luck. Sometimes I wonder if they thought I was looking for a hookup. I always ask if I can call a little later and get to know them better. Most girls I approach are at work cause those are the only ones who are actually standing still and have nothing to do. Most of the other girls are in too much of a hurry all the time.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Either way works. Do whichever makes you happy.

What Girls Said 4

• Either way is fine. If you have the courage than go for it! I've had one guy ask me on a date on the spot and admired his courage and was intrigued by his confidence. I accepted.

• If you see someone and find them attractive or want to know them better, it's totally ok to ask them out on the spot. Maybe, talk to one another for a few minutes first and make sure they don't seem crazy, but if they seem pretty sane then go for it. As a girl, it would be a bit of a turn on and it would show you're confidence. Confidence is always attractive.

• I've had guys ask me out both ways and either one is fine as long as you're respectful😊

• If mutual flirting is taking place and there is an in-depth conversation, I say why not :). (Just make sure her friends are not involved because friends can alter their opinion and bring drama haha).