• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when a guy calls you "sweetie"?

Do you only reserve such terms of endearment for those you care about or just anyone you might consider a friend? The guy I'm currently seeing, he texts me late at night last night and was like, "Night sweetie" (that wasn't the only time he's said that) and it was pretty random since the last time I texted him was around 10:30am and it was 11:30pm when he texted me "night sweetie". So I can't help but think that he was obviously thinking of me..

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't read too much into it. It's just something nice to add to the good night. Like "honey" or "dear". What do you think it means?

• Well I'm saying.. would you only say that to someone you liked, or..?

• Yeah I probably wouldn't just throw those types of words around to anyone. Especially if they're only friends.

What Girls Said 1

• I have the same question. My guy friend called me sweetie and darling today for no real reason, but it was in a cute, teasing way.