Am I a bad guy?

I want to know if I'm a bad guy for not wanting to pay for the food of a girl I'm interested in when we go out and eat because I don't want to be seen as a free meal I've experienced this and got a bad taste in my mouth so now I won't do it.

Is it wrong of me for doing this and thinking this way I just really want to know

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not wrong or right, you're just careful. This new girl is not that other girl so I'd try not to compare them. Of course, when you've been burned it makes sense that you do but if you like/respect her I'd tell her up front what you want to do (fifty-fifty with meals) and why. So that she knows that it doesn't mean you don't want to treat her to something. She'll understand.

• Thanks for the tip and what would you think if a guy were to say what I said to you? would you think less of him?

• It would bother me that you wouldn't trust me, but I have some trust issues myself. That's how I know you should tell them up front so that they know and can be considerate. I did work on trusting again, so I do recommend that you get over it (easier said than done) but if you build a meaningful relationship with this person you'll eventually trust them so it comes with time.
      I would not think less of that person if he would say that to me. I'd be a bit bothered because, I dated a guy who liked it if I paid my part and I've dated a guy who always paid for meals because he liked spoiling me. I have to say, the latter made me feel really special. It actually took me a while to be comfortable with it, because I wasn't used to it, but it's nice. So I'd want that guy to still show me that without compromising himself. So... if he told me he can't pay, at least not while we're getting to know each other, because he's been used before BUT he does hold open the doors and car door, fine by me!

What Girls Said 3

• Not wrong at all. The only times you should pay for meals is when you're out on a date and it's your turn to pay

• Wrong? No, not in any moral sense... but it's definitely a turn off if the guy doesn't offer to pay. I always offer to split and/or pay anyways, but I'd be turned off if on the first or second date the bill came and he just sorta looked at me like... uhhh... you gonna pay?

• if a girl expects you to pay its not a fucking turn on to pay its not a turn off its a fucking matter of cheap chicks not wanting to spend a dime,

What Guys Said 5

• It's the man's job to take care of the woman, if your interested in a girl and you take her out friends or more it's your job to pay.

• you're not bad guy, but if you're interested in her and you go out and eat.. at least pay for her food once, be gentleman.

• Acutely some girls will find it inappropriate because of equality of sex so it's ok

• No, but just pay if she is user ten she won't pay then leave her it is not a wrong thing-if she is has no job then you should pay for everything.

• Most girls expect the dude to pay, were walking. atms. after all