Is 5'9" considered short for a guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• To me that's short. Really anything below 6'. I'm 5'9 which is taller for a woman, but think that 5'9 is on the shorter side for men. Men have been getting shorter though I've noticed. Not necessarily a bad thing, though.

• Uh, what? 5'9 is the average height for a western male in developed countries. 6'0 is the 85th percentile of height (less than 15% of men are 6'0 or taller).

• I am tall, ha. I model so it works out swimmingly. 5'9 being average for western men makes sense. Women usually average around 5'5 it seems, so it works out perfectly for you guys. I haven't had a tough time meeting men taller than me, but now that I think about it taller men are becoming few and far between.

• Also to TheSpartan, short *to me*

What Girls Said 13

• 1. Depends on the girl :)
    2. I think it's actually about average height

• I think its really tall

• That is average.

• I think it's average.

• no, 5'9 is a good height, your an inch taller then me
    so you are still tall in my book

• NO not short!

• we're the same height. for me that's perfect, I like being eye to eye, instead of having to break my neck to look up. (:

• I think it's average.

• it's average

• It's average.

• For me, it's average

• That's a pretty good height. I'm about that height as well.. but I'm just really tall for my age XD

• Still taller than me so no ////// idc...

What Guys Said 9

• you're chillin bruh

• Naw man. Perfect height.

• Not really. In the U. S. it's only an inch shorter than the national average.

• It's pretty average. It's slightly short in some countries, slightly tall in others.

• It's Average.

• 5'9 is the average height of males in almost every western nation--including the U. S.

Okay, technically it is 5'9.5, but you're only half an inch shorter than the average.

• in todays world its considered short but its not really cause average is around that. I am 6ft 1 but there isn't many people i see who are taller me

• That's average height

• Na, 5'6 is short