Do you think Online dating sites really work?

So as the title states.
Trying to decide if they actually work or am I better off trying to meet someone offline :)
Most of my experiences people just want to hook up on these sorts of sites or aps.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally depends. I know a guy who met a girl cross country on POF. She moved to his area and they've now been together for two years. So yeah, they can work.

People sometimes forget that online dating is still dating. Many of the same "rules" apply. If you're picky it can be a long, frustrating, even spirit-breaking experience. On the other hand, two people who don't have a lot of requirements/deal-breakers may be able to build a good relationship around their mutual interests.

What Girls Said 3

• I was on Match and PoF. I had one relationship that lasted four months, and am currently in one that has lasted three months and still going strong; I can see this one lasting for a while.

No difference in real life; just as many people want only "hook ups" in real life, too.

There is a saying, "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before finding your prince" and I had my fair share of frogs. Mostly, though, I had lots of nice dates that didn't lead anywhere. You have to be picky and be sure someone is looking for the same thing you are. If not, move along. The great thing about online dating is there is always a "next" if it doesn't work out with someone.

I will agree it is easier for a girl to meet dates than it is for a guy.

Be patient, be persistent, and be picky. These sites can work but you have to stay with it.

The key is an attractive and interesting profile pic and a profile that is unique enough to catch her eye. All guys are "laid back" and "workout" and have "a great sense of humor" blah blah. Make it really stand out; that is the key to more hits.

• Thanks :) You make a lot of sense!! Persistence is key!
      I have been clear recently with guys and I seem to be getting less stupid messages then I was before. Hopefully i stays that way aha

• People clown around there and then you have the teens faking it as girls or guys.

• I say yes and no because I did met a guy on a dating website and we fell in love and not once did he ever mention sex until we got to know each other more but it didn't last long but only because we had different work schedules.

What Guys Said 8

• From my experience, it depends on the site. I have had more luck on paid dating sites, as well as with foreign sites. When I message women on paid American sites, the response rate seems to be higher than on free American sites. And the interesting (and frustrating) thing for me has been that I have had more women on a paid Ukrainian site try to message me or video chat with me in one week than I have had on a free site such as OKCupid and POF.

• So pretty much the paid ones seem to get better results?

• That's from my experience, at least. When I message women on paid sites, they reply more often and they seem more serious about meeting up and getting to know each other versus women from free sites.

• If you're tall white and rich yes.

• Since most of them are fraudulent, I would say no.

• Has yet to work for me... and i've been on them for several years. -.-

• Depends. A large population of people on those sites are just after a hookup. But then again I met my partner of 2 years on tinder. Might I add I was her first on tinder of course. I wish she was a vergin when I met her haha

• Listen guy, what did i tell you... Christian girls are still virgins

• dependsdnfmd fdkjfnkdfd

• It depends on the site, I suppose. I've had long-term relationships from eHarmony and Chemistry, but they're both expensive. Different things work for different people, so if you try online dating for a few months and don't have much success, Miss Right is probably waiting for you offline.

• Yeah I agree everyone is different and what works for some might not work for others.
      Also looking for Mr Right ;) aha

• Sorry, my bad. :-)

• aha no need to apologies :) thanks for sharing your opinion!!