Does height matters in a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• In a relationship? No. But it does matter in the first phase, where it's all about attraction and getting to know one another.

What Girls Said 9

• If it didn't matter, there wouldn't be people constantly whining about it.

• Depends on the person.. I've dated both tall and short guys.. I'm 5'1 so pretty much everyone is taller than me lol. But my personal preference is tall guys.

• Not really. I'm 6ft tall but I don't have a problem with dating a guy who is a few inches shorter. As long as he is attractive physically mentally and emotionally and has an awesome personality. He also has to be able to kiss me without it being to weird / awkward.

I would rather be with a guy who is slightly shorter and attracts me than with a tall guy who has a crappy personality.

• narhh there's more to a person than their height :)

• As long as he's taller than me, I don't care

• It matters to me a lot

• I'm 5'2 so as long as he's taller then me, I'm good

• Yeah. I want a tall guy. No shorter than 5'10. Sorry I don't like short people even tho I am one.

• No, but I'm instantly attracted to him if he's taller than me

What Guys Said 8

• It might a little bit, yeah.

Whether we like it or not, height can contribute to our initial attraction for someone. Granted, it's more important to some than it is to others, but it's still there.

For me, I like women that are shorter than I am. I don't care about her exact height or anything, though; I just want her to be shorter.

That said, height is incredibly low on my list of priorities.

• Only at the very start. Determining if the girl is willing to be attracted to you, or consciously denies the option of males that are the same height or shorter. Or the other way around, but girls tend to make the silly limitation "they must be taller even when I wear high heels because reasons".

• Not really. If they're so short that it physically becomes a bit annoying trying to be intimate then I might feel less inclined to pursue a relationship. If I had a cut off it'd be about a foot shorter than me. But it's not set in stone law I'd have to follow.

• Like it or not, height can pull in lot of girls. If you're tall, you gonna get more girls than the average short dude, no doubt.

I remember reading this girls comment on GaG, she said if a guy is 6 out of 10, but are tall, she would rate him 8 out of 10. But if he short but he is 8 out of 10, she would rate him 5 out of 10 because of that.

The initial physical attraction test is important to both gender. We need to be attracted to them first.

• Dude... my friends with benefits is a bit taller than me. My ex was a bit taller than me. I prefer girls shorter than me but I don't think height is a deal breaker.

• To some but not to everyone. Preferences aren't laws most of the time.

• no and it shouldn't.

• We're all the same when luring down😜