I can't find another woman to date, where to find when 18 in small city?

So I'm 18 (turning 19 in a few months, which is legal drinking age in my province) and I'm bi but I've never been on a date with a girl or have never even met one I could be with.

How can I meet another girl (either to date or have fun with) and how do I know if she's actually a lesbian or bi?

Most Helpful Guy

• The more 'alternative' your choices, the more necessary it is to look online. LGBT bars are obviously an option for 'real life' meeting, but there may not be one in your city if it is really small. A lot of post-secondary institutions have an LGBT club or group, so that would be another good avenue.

The site I use for dating has a ton of options for orientation and preferences and relationship-type and all sorts of stuff. So it has made it far easier to find people in a situation similar to myself, or open to the types of relationships I am looking for. So if you prefer in-person, look for organizations or avenues to meet like-minded people in your town first, and use online resources as an option if that comes up empty.

What Guys Said 2

• Try LGBT sites to meet people who can give best advice - I am sure there are plenty of lesbian dating sites, I know lots of dating sites having options for gay men and lesbians - One thing however careful you are as a young straight girl, be a thousand times more vigilant when a young lesbian, lots of creeps pretending to be young lesbians.

• Women are more open minded about being gay than you think just go up to random chicks and ask them if they wanna hook up if you don't have the courage to do that just try to make some openly gay women.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z-cuNnotDU

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe try and find the LGBT scene near you :) if not where you live, if it's a bit out of the way, then the nearest city/town to you where a big enough gay scene is likely to be. If you're into clubs/bars etc. and have a friend or two that would be willing to go along and check some places out with you, that would be a great start :) There's no magic answer to knowing whether or not a woman is gay/bi or has bi curious tendencies. Sometimes you'll get a vibe off people or they'll pay you some attention/flirt, they may look more visibly 'gay' than someone else (stereoptypical, yes, but it can be true). Good luck with it though - hope you meet some lovely girlies soon!