What's the appropriate age to start dating?

I remember people dating in the start of 5th grade at my elementary school, and now dating is even more common since I'm in 8th grade. I've never dated anyone, and I'm just wondering what age is appropriate to start dating. I know I'll probably never get a boyfriend in high school, but I don't know if I'm even ready to date yet. What age did you start dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Entirely up to you; no such thing as an appropriate age to date. Usually after puberty would be the best time to start dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• High School. Anything before that, to me, is stupid AF. Kids are still immature in high school, but middle school relationships are definitely not going to last because kids are waaaaay too immature at that time in their lives.

• I definitely agree.

• Thanks for MHO! 8) I'm glad you do too. Dating shouldn't be taken so lightly as it is. I understand wanting to have fun, but some people are far too immature for it.

• Yeah, most people at my school who date have relationships that don't last much longer than a few weeks at most. Dating should really be taken more seriously. And no problem =]

What Guys Said 10

• i guess after 13 it's ok basically

• 18

,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• I would even go on to say that high school relationships are dumb majority of them end after high school. But on the other hand it is good to date and see what you want as far as a partner.

• Eleventy six or 18, whichever comes first.

• I was with a girl around 13 but it wasn't like dating dating as in need to find a guy let find girls to date... it was innocent hanging out and attraction... we were friends too

But actually to go out and look for a bf I'd say around 16+ At least

• My late mom let my sister start dating when she turned age 16

• i think around 9th and 10th grade

• Its depends on your physical body and mind when you feel prepared for that. No problem giving date if you not go through sexual.

• I didn't have a gf till I started high school

• 16 should be ok

What Girls Said 8

• id honestly say 17 or 18 because even people in high school are immature, all they do is make-out it's not real "dating" they are still too young to understand what actually being loyal is, sadly many people even in their 20s haven't grew out of high school... but at least they are a little more mature i guess, they know that life has commitments now. I haven't seen a relationship from high school that has latest, it's very very rare, someone i know even got back in touch with a guy she liked in high school who apparently liked her... but after having a child with her... he turned out to be a cheater... so id honestly keep dating outside of high school.

• When you're mentally ready. Think about it. Dating when you are too young will definitely lead to break up and sadness. It would be better to avoid it until university

• 16. I waited until I could drive and so could the guys around me. It's not a date of your mommy drove you and your "girlfriend".

• whenever is okay but just know real relationships don't happen until later.. its good to get experience and figure out the different types of guys and how to be strong in different situations and stuff

• when you're the one giving relationship advice to your friends and you've never actually had one, go wild

• right during my freshman high school year I started dating

• Right now. I have some friends who started dating at 13.

• For others, I'd say when they're mentally ready.

For my children, after they found a job and moved out. Just kidding. Kinda.