Was this a bad thing to get emotional over?

I was at my boyfriend house and I found out that I could spend the night at his place last minute, before I went home. When he found out I could stay he got very weird and said he wasn't expecting it and made me feel like he didn't want me there. We argued for about 30 minutes and he immediately said he messed up, he's sorry, and told me to stay.

But I can't help but think he didn't want me there. He explained that his nightly routine means a lot to him and that he likes to be prepared if im going to be sleeping over (i didn't get it). He'd also NEVER cheat or do anything dishonest, so it wasn't that.

I got really emotional and hurt over it becuase I'm insecure -- was this a stupid thing to get upset about? Will it push him away?

Most Helpful Guy

• He wasn't rejecting you; he's probably a "planner" type of personality, so everything has to be cleaned up and looking just right for him to feel comfortable. It's not something you can change; he'll always be that way, so if you get upset at him every time he reacts that way, you're gonna have a bad time.

What Guys Said 1

• It was unexpected. Think about it this way, he probably hadn't changed the sheets, and the shower was dirty, and he didn't have clean towels out, nothing for breakfast, hadn't done his nightly workout routine... etc. But he did want you too, it just pulled him out of his comfort zone. That was where the hesitancy came from.

What Girls Said 2

• If it upset you, really upset you, then I can't say it was stupid. You can't help your feelings.

• Maybe his reaction just rubbed you the wrong way. It was a misunderstanding but hey it happens. You guys talked and it seems like he made you feel better so no I don't think it will push him away.