Perfect man but no chemistry?

If a man had all of the qualifications you wanted but there was no chemistry, would you still date him in the long term? I am talking about he is, wealthy, successfull, tall, muscular, good at sex, speaks 4 languages, frequently travels, is college educated, and there is no chemistry

Most Helpful Girl

• ugh, I just went through this a couple months ago. Met a very handsome man. Successful, very smart, in great shape who was very attracted to me and wanted to travel and take care of me, but he was so so boring. He didn't have a sense of humor whatsoever, and was awkward. What a shame. Also, him wanting me to rely on him was a turn off.

What Girls Said 1

• Struggling with this currently. Excellent physical chemistry, but emotionally we haven't clicked. He doesn't laugh at my jokes or even acknowledge them. Sometimes he doesn't even respond to my stories. We LOVE hanging out and he's already my best friend in just 2 months of dating... so I'm giving it as much time as possible. I want this to work so badly even if I have to spell everything out to him that I need/want. He's adorable, kind, sweet, dominating, smart and fun. I just need more of an emotional connection for marriage... once we get that though I don't think I could ever leave!!!

What Guys Said 4

• My very close friend has run into several such "perfect men" and... without that spark, there's not much point in dating them. She's liberal, sex positive, etc, and her brain is wired so that looks are super important to her. Everything else can be perfect, but if he doesn't have the right looks, it doesn't work. She's tried, too :p Thinking that the spark could build, but it never did.

I'm so glad I work the other way - it's much easier to find someone with qualities you like and then become more and more attracted to them the longer you date. Mind you, there's still got to be some initial could-be-a-spark there for me. I have a friend who is like 99% match for me on OKCupid, but we have NO chemistry. Whatsoever.

Most people probably fall in between those extremes. But without that spark... yeah, friends.

• Depends on the foresight of the human. It is rare that people will court those they are not passionate abut these days since that is taught to be a staple. In the past it was reversed.

• Isn't chemistry kind of the glue that helps keep a relationship together lol.

• You'd be using him. Don't ruin him so when he actually meets someone that isn't morally corrupt, he won't be jaded and bitter.