Girls, A girl thinks I should pay for everything in a relationship because I can afford it. Is she right or is she wrong?

Girls, A girl thinks I should pay for everything in a relationship because I can afford it. Is she right or is she wrong

• She is right. You should pay for everything just because you can afford it
    16% (7)
  • She is wrong. You shouldn't pay for everything just because you can afford it
    84% (38)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally speaking, I think she's wrong. I think that when two people are dating or in a relationship, they should share costs.

But one caveat: If you are in a relationship with someone who makes significantly less money than you, you should base your plans according to what they can afford (i. e. you should go on dates to places that they can afford; if you decide to move in together, you should choose a place that they can afford). If, however, YOU want to do things that are outside of their budget, then you should offer to pay. They should not expect you to take them to expensive places and pay their way, however.

What Girls Said 21

• I don't understand that sort of people - it doesn't just happen in dating, it happens in friendships, too. I am honestly uncomfortable with people paying for everything. It's one thing when someone suggests an idea and I have to turn them down because I can't afford it and they offer to pay, because it's something they want to do and they offered, but the simple expectation that it's your job? You aren't her parents and she's a big girl. If she's not willing to split even part of the time, it sounds like you could find someone much more responsible somewhere else.

• dude she's as wrong as fuck to make you pay for everything.. this means she's just with you for your money and not for yourself

• Major Red Flag!

No one person should ever have to do everything in regards to any part of a relationship. It's a partnership, and even though each person will have their own strengths within it, those strengths shouldn't become burdens.
    If she doesn't make as much as you, she probably can't afford to do the more extravagant things... But come on, dinner isn't that expensive... a movie ticket isn't that expensive... That's just ridiculous, honestly she's either really really old fashioned or untrustworthy.

• I think it should be somewhat proportional to income but she should still make and effort to pay for things occasionally. Or find other ways of pulling her weight in the relationship. If you work and she doesn't then buy the groceries and she can cook you meals. No one gets a free ride.

• Neither. It's her preference. I suppose you could show her the error of her ways by saying that if she can afford it as well, she should pay.

I'm sure she'll fall back into the "traditional gender roles" of what men are "supposed to do". This is the issue. There's nothing wrong with her wanting a man like that, but if YOU don't want to do it, you should tell her.

• Not only is she wrong, she's also an entitled cunt.

• You pay it! YOu ask you pay. get with the program.

• You work hard for your money so you shouldn't have to pay for everything. There is a difference between being treated like a lady and becoming entitled to everything. I never let a guy pay just because he can afford it. A relationship is about effort. If you pay I will pay too. If I don't have money ( college students are poor y'all) I will cook you a meal/ treat you in some way that will be equal to what you paid or even more so. A girl should never try to bleed a guy dry of his income.

• in these times, its only fair to do each way paying, so no I don't expect guys to pay plus I would feel obligated to in some other ways if it was expected... but in saying that, it can depend on her upbringing as well, is she a 'princess?', gets here own way? guys watch out on how she is treated at home by her father... that will tell it all... :)

• No, you shouldn't have to pay for everything simply because you can afford to, that does not make a healthy relationship. It sounds like she's cheap.

• I think it's wrong for her to assume you are going to and should pay for everything just because you have money. You should do it because you want to, not just because you can.

• Why wouldn't a guy pay for everything when dating? Sure she can treat you once in a while but you are courting her. When married then split the cost.

• I wouldn't want him to pay for everything just because he can afford it... that could even make me feel uncomfortable like him treating me like a kid or something...

• Evidently, looking at all these fine ladies' opinions, you could find plenty of girls willing to split bills. Just make sure you ask the right questions to make your final decision about right and wrong. Are you taking her for granted in some way? Is there anything she might be assuming because you haven't talked about it?

• She ain't right

• Entitled women TRULY disgust me... the end!!!

ie: Bi grrrl right here

• she's not independent and look like she's taking advantages from you. better leave her i think

• I think a gentlemen always pays and looks after his girl.
    Some people are ok with it being equal but its the principal of it.
    In saying that with my last boyfriend occasionally I paid, but he always insisted.

• Not everything but yes if you're doing well you should be generous to the woman who gives you sex. If you're not getting any then I'd say you're getting played.

• I disagree. I should not have to kiss her ass because she is opening her legs

• Not every date!!! The time the guy should pay for a date is their first!!! Like it would be nice if my boyfriend payed for every date!!! I would like to split the money i pay half my boyfriend pay half!!! But your guy should always pay for the first date

• Totally wrong. Just because you have more money it doesn't mean you are obligated to pay for everthing. If her morals are that low as to take advantage of you , then she obviously doesn't have much of a conscience.

"Gold Digger" springs to mind!