Why do many young women prefer rough, dirty guys to clean, respectful, polite gentlemen?

Which do you prefer and why?

• Rough, dirty guys
  • Clean, respectful, polite gentlemen

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• I feel like rough and dirty would be more of an adventure, it would be more fun!! I'm shy and quiet most of the time, and basically a "good girl" so if I dated a polite gentlemen, things would get broing pretty quick. If I dated a guy a little rougher around the edges, like a bad-boyish guy who acting gentlemanly when it really mattered, I'd be out of my comfort zone and it would be much more fun!!

• A respectful gentleman in all forms is great. For me, I suppose if he's "dirty" it means he doesn't mind working hard, building or fixing things. There's something attractive about a man that uses his hands. Not to say a clean, quiet polite guy isn't great either though... he's cerebral and therefore has a great mind that can create and problem solve. I don't know, as you can see I like both, it depends on other aspects lol.

• I think for most girls it would be some combination of the two. For me, I want a guy who has good personal hygiene, treats me with respect and others with kindness or at least civility, but who's not afraid of getting dirty and playing rough.

• Just watch the Notebook haha

Plus young women don't quite yet care about searching for husband/father material, so they are having their fun with passionate, rough and risky guys.
    But if you fall in love with those men, in the end you always want them to become more polite and respectful and ambitious.

• I don't?
    I prefer someone who knows how to shower and doesn't belittle me.

• I think it all depends on the personality of the person that wants to date them. But if these are PHYSICAL features and not terminology then I would prefer the second one.

• Then why are all the girls I know my age going for the first one? They have no interest in people like me.

• I think it just might be their personality

• rough dirty sex sounds better than clean, respectful polite sex

but i choose the clean respectful polite guy !

• Because #swag
    lol joke.

Um... Because they seem cooler to those girls? I don't know, I like guys who dress well

• there's a very primal attraction there. It's hard to explain

• I mean, last I checked, a rough n' dirty guy can be a gentleman as well.

I pick that option.

• Rough, Dirty guys.

• I love a guy who smells of engine grease, who's dirty and messy from working hard. Hair all scruffy, rough short beard... I'm just describing my boyfriend here!

• my kinda of woman! Why are there not more woman like you?

• @mattduns there are, my friends! Ha!

• I don't know what type of women you've been talking to

• rough and dirty because they are more fun and you gotta have your bad boy phase at some point right? ;)

What Guys Said 12

• Becuase of this totally uncalled for alpha male, beta male crap which they (and a lot of men too) believe in.

• I think that is just the myth that girls prefer bad boys and settle down with well behaved men. Personally think attraction is an individual thing and to each their own.

• They always like rough and dirty guys

• Sex isn't supposed to be "polite". Fuck that.

It's animalistic. It's dirty. It's messy. It's simultaneously aggressive and submissive.

... and it's fun! ;-)

----

Most women that say they prefer "gentle/polite sex", just haven't had rough&dirty sex yet!

Because most who do... prefer it. :)

• In my experience, they like a guy that is a bit of both.

• ROUGH AND DIRTY GETS THEIR FUN GIBLETS SALTY

• They are young. The mistakes of youth cannot be avoided, only repeated, thus the curse of humanity.

• Women like the best of both worlds. They want a jerk who can be nice. They want a rough tough guy who can be clean.

• rough around the edges is there kryptonite

• Real men don't wash...

• I don't know what are you talking about. In my country I always hear girls complaining about the smell and the looks of guys. One guy in particular is so unpopular because he smells and has a unibrow.

• All girls love jerks -andrew hales

!!!

• Girls just want to be fucked hard bro...
    Its really true a majority of them like it rough... thats why they go for rough type of dude
    Of course girls say/think they want the clean bro... but in reality its not like that

this will probably get a million downvotes but i have been told several times to
    "Hurry up and fuck me already!"
    or "Thats all you got? cmon make me your bitch!"
    shit like that man... makes me lose hope...