Am I too young to want to "settle down"?

I've never wanted to go out and have sex. I've always craved a real, long lasting relationship. Is that weird at a young age? No guys my age want that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 18 and I've wanted that as long as I can remember, all my friends call me boring, I think it is unusual for the pair of us, but I don't really mind about being weird, do you? hahaha

• Yeah my friends think I am so boring haha. I feel like in the future I will benefit from it though. I enjoy not bein wild.

• 100% agree, nothing to gain by making stupid decisions no matter how old you are

What Guys Said 10

• While it is not weird at all, it is perhaps best to still be single (unmarried, but you can have BFs) so you can learn more about yourself and what you want in a man and a relationship.

For instance, I recommend a couple live together for two years because the major bad shit will crop up before that. However, I would also recommend hosting a family function like Thanksgiving. That is a major social stress inducer so seeing how you and your SO respond in an event like that teaches you a great about yourselves and each other about handling stress overall because, in real life, there will always be a major stressful event lurkin in your future. You wanna know if your SO will be tough and liyal or flake out over minir shit and be high maintainence nutjob.

Also, in 2 years, the sexuality quirks will all be known by then.

As mature as a person can be heading into a relationship or marriage, there is NO substitute for experience, so that experience you gain living together will greatly help you make the right decision about settling down or getting married.

One more thing. There is a difference between being married and settling down. When I was 26, I was definitely mature enough to be married but I didn't want to settle down because I was in college pursuing a PhD. The woman I was with viewed me as a wallet and sperm bank who would give her a home, kids, and a wood paneled station wagon. I wasn't ready for that yet. I terminated that relationship. My next girlfriend I was madly in love with and wanted to marry and I would have been happy to settle down with her.

• Let's get promise rings then get engaged in like seven years. Together forever 😍

• 4 me yeah u r kinda young basically... others might find it ok

• Yes there are guys who would settle for longterm relationship
    and wouldn't ask for sex but if your not sure about settling down
    than you might want think it over. Yes most younger guys don't
    want settle down maybe.

• You're not too young to settle down. It's not weird at a young adult age. Maybe aim for an older guy.

• It's your life

• No its not weird. Go for older guys if ones your age don't want to settle down.

• Not weird. When I was your age that's what I wanted too.

• Yeah, probably

• You're young you'll have enough time to settle dawn enjoy your live and live it to the max you'll regret it later trust me I wish I could enjoy me life...

What Girls Said 4

• I am turning 17, live with my bf, and am engaged to him, have been for four months. NO, WE DO NOT HAVE KIDS THAT IS NOT WHY WE ARE ENGAGED AND LIVE TOGETHER. We have been "together" for a year but have been "talking" for a year and a half. So it is totally normal for you to want to settle down.

• I'm also engaged and living with my bf & we don't have kids either lol

• Lmao I put that in big capital letter cause people assume that's why we are engaged... and I'm like no b*tch! We actually love each other. We don't gotta have kids to be this young and want to be together. we are supposed to get married next year when I finish high school.

• Not at all I'm 18 and I am already engaged so it's okay your not alone

• I dont think you're too young to want to.

• No. I don't consider you too young.