Girls, Does age matter when dating a guy?

ex; a 22 year old dating a 21 year old

20

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not age itself, but more the differences associated with different ages. Like where you are in life, like in my early 20's i didn't want to date someone a lot older than me because i wasn't ready for the kind of commitment they were looking for. And that really comes down to maturity and personality more so than age, but i feel like often age is a good indicator of maturity. Also like if it's a bigger gap there will probably be a lot of references you won't get or things you won't have in common.
    So it kinda does matter, but only in as much as it accurately reflects the likelihood of commonalities.

What Girls Said 19

• Uhm I like my guy older but I can deal with it! Like currently I like a guy who's 18. And I recently broke up with someone we dated 5 years and he was 13 when we started dating and I was 10. So... He's 18 now I'm 15, but again I like another 18yo

• A difference like that doesn't matter. Say a 13 year old and a 16+ year old, that's a problem. Same with a 20 year old and a 40 year old. Just depends on the age and the difference.

• I am a firm believer that age does have an impact on people. If there is anything more than a ten year difference than I don't know that there will always be compatibility.

That is just my two cents.

• As long as they're both legal, not really.

• I wouldn't date a younger guy so it does matter :3 I guess age sort of puts you in a type of position. LIKE if a girl dates a younger guy she's feel the need the mother her bf ( just me? Okay :P ) and if a girl date an older guy she's feel more protected

• That is totally fine I have dated a guy that was two years younger than me as long the age dating gap isn't passed 15 years apart.
    And both of you are legal age

• A one year difference, no. Me personally A guy can be one year younger then me and 4 years old then me.

• I believe the rule I've heard for twenty-something guys is minimum half your age plus seven. Thus, my bf (21) could reasonably date an 18 year old. However, this matters less and less the more you mature.
    by the way, I'm the older one in the relationship. It just depends on the maturity and independence of the people dating. Can he/she hold a job? Be a good designated driver?

• I draw the line at 35 and no one lower then 25 (it's a preference)

• I like someone who is 7 months younger than me so it isn't much a difference. Some people have a bigger age gap and they don't mind.

• The way I see it is, age is just a number. If you are both over 18, then go for it. But, if you are 18, and she is 12, BIG DIFFERENCE, I mean, she barely just started puberty! But ages like 21 and 22 and perfectly fine!
    Hope I helped!

• To me = yes.

ie: I prefer men 40 plus but make exceptions for pro athletes.

• Nope ! It doesn't really matter as long as there is a good mutual understanding plus good compatibility between the two. Age shouldn't really matter in love and war! :)

• No as you get older I don't think it matters

• I like the guy to be older than me. But, I can over look 1 or 2 years younger if I really like them.

• I'm not really into younger guys, as far as older guys go, no more than 10 years older.

• No it doesn't.

• It only matters if it's against the law lol

• Age isn't a problem unless its 24 and 48 thats just gross