Should I date a guy who was expelled from school?

So I've been talking to this guy for a while and I really like him, but I recently found out that he got expelled from school twice. We're both juniors in high school by the way. He works a lot to keep himself busy. I'm not one to judge especially since I know that he has had a pretty rough childhood so I understand why he would cause trouble at school. I personally am ok with dating someone who has been expelled from school but I am concerned that my mother would not approve. Should I continue to talk to this guy and eventually become a couple even though my mom might not approve of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• And this is how abusive relationships start. Starting young early I see.

What Guys Said 2

• Probably not. He was expelled for a reason. People who are expelled should be avoided - at least until they grow up to a mature adult.

• Well, if you like his looks...

What Girls Said 2

• no.
    Sorry to break it to you hun. But i know someone who dated someone like this and it was horrible. She is still scarred to this day. Also what about in the future, if you continue your relationship, and he doesn't go to college. It's hard to find a job w/o a degree and what if you want a family? How will he provide for you. but this is hypothetical. Good luck.
    ~Mel.

• As long as he's not violent or gets you addicted to drugs and cares about you, why not?