Lets face it, no reply is a reply in itself?

I asked her out. She replied super excited with a decent reply. This was late at night so I left it. The next morning, I replied in agreement and then asked her if she was heading into class on the weekend (as we have an exam coming up).

I never recieved a reply eventhough she 'saw' the message.

Now I had no intentions to ask her out this way. I normally do it face-face and get a phone number while at it. This girl had been throwing herself at me for a week. I actually quite liked her. Then my friends caught wiff of it and egged me on after some liquid courage.

Now I am in a conundrum. I feel the no reply was to let me know she was not actually interested. But I did ask her out and we are part of a large extended social circle so then am I suppose to ask her out due to the fact I will still see her and I don't want to come across as a jerk?

• Yep, she only entertained the thought to be nice
  • No, take a punt, shoot her a message after exams

Most Helpful Guy

• You won't come across as a jerk. Just give her some space, and perhaps she'll respond soon. When you see her out and about, just be friendly and either jokingly say "what's up elusive?" or something to that line, but don't let her think her non-response bothered you at all or she'll be turned off.

If you can, let it go and in public, shrug it off like it's no big deal. I did the same thing with a girl in my JuJitsu class, and just accepted the fact she wasn't interested in me beyond just being friendly and cordial. She then started dating someone else not long after, but I never acted like it bothered me, since there was no point in it. I just let it go. It's happened a couple more times since then as well, and you just have to accept that everyone is that into us.

Trust me, give her space and one text is enough. At this point, it's too early to tell what she's thinking, so don't try and think for her. Also, maybe look around for someone else to connect with and maybe go on a date with, since this girl is apparently too busy to reply to your text.

You'll be fine, but you'll be better off backing off and letting it go. I'm tempted to think she might even approach you and apologize for not texting, or may call/text you out of the blue. Just make sure you let her be the next one to contact you, and if she doesn't, you'll survive. :-)

What Girls Said 3

• No reply is a reply. Only time I will ignore a guy's messages is if I am not interested and don't want to talk to him. I can't think of a time where a guy that I wanted to see more of messaged me, and I read and didn't reply.

• i think she's playing hard to get. And the fact that u "saw" her message without replying even tho it's late at night could be the reason why she didn't text back. Some girls just hate it when u saw the message without replying.

• Even if she's just playing games you'll know if you ask her. Maybe she does like you & wasn't ready for you to ask her out yet.. Or maybe she just wanted to lead you on.. There's only one real way to find out :) go for it

What Guys Said 3

• Don't be too quick to shoot this opportunity down. This is one of the biggest draw backs to texting , everyone expects an immediate answer. One never knows what the other person is doing , yet feel that person can or should drop everything to answer NOW. Give it a little time. If she doesn't reply with in a day or two it's prolly safe to assume she isn't interested.

• Honestly fuck her.

• ummmm... ahhhhh