Should I just give up on him?

We have been out on a couple of dates, have been hanging out, hooking up and talking for almost 3 months now. But the problem is over those last three months we have been far from eachother because I'm away at school, about 2 hours away, but now I'm moving back to the city where he is so we are going to be close by. I asked him what he thinks about me recently and he said that he thinks I'm a cool girl to hangout with and thinks we really hit it off. I have really started to like him and I would like to see where things could go between us. There is a lot of sexual attraction, he literally cannot keep his hands off me. But we do also have really good conversations and fun together too. But I don't feel he's making an effort really anymore to make anything of it. I don't know if its because of the distance, but still I think he could have made an effort. In the begining he was persistent, asked me out on a date. Even when we text, Im usually the first one to text him and ask how he is doing. Whats his deal, should I just give up and stop trying.

We both drunk text each other a lot. But I'm usually the one that will text him first asking how his day is. But two weeks ago I was home, I was out with friends and he insisted on meeting up with me so he came and met us. We ended up kissing all night but I didn't sleep with him nor did he sleepover. I also asked him "I thought you just like to hookup drunk with me and that it's fine." He said that he likes hanging out with me again, and we wouldn't have gone out again if that was the case.
Thanks for the advice!

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you back yet? If not, time has a way of slowing the wagon down, as the newness and excitement of meeting someone you like wears off a little. That doesn't mean he's lost interest, but it could be he's just waiting for you to be back permanently to pick things back up.

Of course, with time lapses and you two being young and technically single, he very well could have something going on with someone else. If it's not serious, maybe he's just biding his time; or maybe he doesn't know yet. It sounds like he likes you, but it is hard to love someone from a distance for a long period of time.

I wouldn't totally give up on him, but don't put all your eggs into one basket either. Let him know when you're home for good and if he wants to see you, he has your number. You can also start enjoying being home and keep your mind open for someone else who is interested in spending more time with you.

Good luck,

• I'll be back in a week. I know he isn't see anyone else, and that I'm the only girl he has slept with in a while other than me. (Im best friends with his sister lol). I get how distance could have caused him not to be so involved. But when he asked me out and we went out on dates, he knew I was still in school, but this was over the holidays (so I was home for two weeks then). But at this point I have started to get feelings so I just don't want to be around just for hooking up, its fun but I dont want to get more hurt in the end

• He actually just messaged me an hour ago, asking what I was up to and asking what day I was home

• Well then, silly, you were all worried about nuthin! :-)

What Guys Said 1

• Are you going to be done school all together now, or are you going back in the fall? Would a new career possibly take you away again? If he doesn't think you will be sticking around for long, I can see why he has a lack of interest.

• Im graduating in a week, and I got a job for the summer, but will most likely be there for the year

• There you go!

What Girls Said 1

• If he's not making an effort, give up on him. There is no brainer.