Do boys date tall girls?

okay so Im 5'9 and 1/2 and I feel like I'm getting to tall. Do guys like taller girls and is it okay for the girl to be taller than the boy even though the girl has to probably bend down to kiss the boy.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• The biggest problem you will have is that so many girls refuse to give shorter guys a chance, most guys won't bother approaching you. Instead they will assume you won't give them a chance and avoid you. They may still be attracted to you, but guys don't always approach every girl they are attracted to.

Even a lot of really tall girls well over 6 feet refuse to date a guy that is not taller than themselves. A lot of those girls actually feel insulted if someone suggests they date a guy of average height. Since being rejected hurts, most guys tend to approach women that he thinks he has a chance with.

What Guys Said 25

• It's not THAT tall lol
    Anyway , well some men might find it emasculating , but some other men might find it to be a change of fresh air to see taller women to have interest in them while men like me probably just go... eh don't know what she's insecure about , not like she's 6'6 or anything , less bending over for me.

• OMG your freaking 6'6?

• Feeling a bit insecure eh?
      Well no worries lol , people who are put off by your height probably aren't worth it to start with anyway.

• thank you master yoda... jk just saying your really wise are this smart when it comes everything?

• Be proud that you're a tall girl. Tall girls are the trend. Girls are getting taller with each generation, and that's great.

• but boys are getting shorter dont you think

• I hit my head on the car roof today lol

• oh sorry wrong person I thought you were the guy who said he had grayish greenish

• I think most guys prefer short girls, but most guys are willing to date tall girls.

I actually prefer tall girls.

• Men do not seem to care about height as much as women do. It is your own insecurity that you will have to worry about because if you wear heels then you would be 6'1 or 6'. Keep in mind that the average man in the u. s. is 5'9. Your as tall as the average man. Also, Hollywood tends to portray taller women as more beautiful so keep that in mind when men tell you that they would date you, some men would date any woman that looked hot.

• but there's a lot of short cute guys and what is they dont date u cuz ur taller

• Hey I'd date a guy of any size it's just asking would u date a woman of any size?

• If I feel that you would TRULY date a man of any size then absolutely but that is EXTREMELY hard to believe

• Its pretty much a rule of thumb that the man has to be taller than the woman in a relationship. Why? I don't know.

It doesn't mean you won't get a BF, it just means your options are limited to the guys that are taller than you. Just as short guys are limited to the girls that are shorter than them.

• Maybe you could, but it would be very hard to find a guy that would be ok with dating someone taller than them. Same height? Maybe. Taller than him? Probably not

• Yes. I've seen it a lot. It just looks kinda funny :D but there's not a thing wrong with it

• A better question is, will girls date shorter guys? It's the girls that are picky about height, not so much the guys

• Guys date tall girls, short girls, petite girls, athletic girls, curvy girls, chubby girls and everything beyond and in between.

• Yes, I actually prefer tall girls, even taller than me.

• That isn't really tall in my books lol
    6'2 I'd say is tall for a girl

Either way.. yeah lol
    peeps date em ^_^

• Thats pretty cute what you just said xD and ya I dont see why wouldn't I guy want to be with a tall girl

• I prefer tall girls.

• I would prefer a girl 5'8"+

• First, you're not too tall, so don't worry too much.
    Second, yes, plenty of guys would date taller girls, so even if you were taller you'd have nothing to worry about ;D

• My girlfriend is 5'9" and she is perfect so you're good. Many guys do not really like the girl being taller, but 5'9" is pretty much average height for a guy so there's definitely a lot more taller guys out there.

• but I'm still growing and I feel like guys like to be taller and they wouldn't date tall girl you know what I mean

• I'm 6'3" and she is definenty not too tall. And at 16 you're probably pretty much done growing. I know a girl thats 6 foot and has a boyfriend thats taller. Dont stress about it.

• You should see all the topics of guys angry about girls taller than them not wanting to date them.

• I'd date a girl that has similar interests than I do, appearance is not my jam, and it doesn't go on my toast either. Personality is my butter.

• You're still almost half a foot shorter than me, so yeah.

• I'm 6 inches shorter than you and it wouldn't bother me. I think there is more prejudice with girls not wanting to go out with short guys

• guys will date tall girls, but the reverse usually isn't true

• Runway models are tall. They seem to be able to get dates...

• ya but that's cause of injections and not because of their personality dont u think

• I don't think it's because of injections. I haven't seen a lot of runway models with botox; aren't they usually too young to use foolish stuff like that?

I mean, partly, some of them are beautiful, and partly, from the few I am aquainted with, they're rarely as dumb as their image.

I wouldn't worry. Lots of girls where I live are tall, it's quite common for them to be taller than me, and I'm 6'1".

• Yep, 5'10" guy dating a 6' girl here.

• Yepp. Tall girls are sexy

• I'd still be taller than you... unless you wear heels. It's not a big deal

• You can find taller boys than you, it shouldn't be a problem. And I'd personally date a taller girl than me.

What Girls Said 7

• i think most guys are fine with tall girls as long as the girl isn't taller than he is. even then, some guys are ok with a girl slightly taller than him.

• Yes, my best friend is 6'3" and her boyfriend is 5'0", so don't worry about it.

• There is a boy for every girl

• You have the same exact height as me! I actually posted a question like this as well

• lol r u happy with ur hight.

• I am, but I guess it depends. Like the whole dating thing can get complicated because a lot of guys think that taller girls won't give them a chance, but that isn't true. I would date someone shorter than me.

• over 6 feet is tall.

I would say you are average

• they do but then they get scared and all run away

• Nah, every single tall girl dies before she ever get a chance to pass on her genes. It have never even been heard of before, a tall girl getting a boyfriend. The game is lost already.

• (... by the way, you're really not that tall, most guys are taller)