Why do I always automatically think someone would never like me, or not enough to want to be with me?

I always think, why would he even want to be with me? I'm nothing special, and there's plenty of better looking and more interesting girls.

It feels too good to be true that someone I like, likes me back. How do I get past these feelings of insecurity and negativity?

Most Helpful Guy

• WOW! This was so me just a year ago! You're obviously suffering from lack of self confidence and insecurity. This happened to me too but I overcame it. First, you have to realize that you're unique! No one else in this vast world is like you, you're beautiful in your own way and if anyone fails to see that, then they're missing out! Also, instead of asking why would they want to be with you, ask why do they DESERVE you? Are they worhty of you?

Always keep your head up and know that you're one of a kind! Don't let insecurity stand in the way of you and your dreams. You're perfect, and you're happiness does NOT depend on others! If you find the right guy, he'll love your imperfections.

Best of luck to you!

What Guys Said 2

• Whatever you're feeling insecure about, change it.

• ugh... sounds like low self-confidence basically... y? :-(

What Girls Said 3

• Guys like confident gurls, be confident about ur beauty and ur good to go. I've never had a boyfriend before; but I'm kind of crushing on somebody right now.

• Think of what you like about yourself.

• I have this same problem. I never feel good enough. I hate it. I always feel like there's someone prettier, funnier, more interesting than I am and that low self esteem shows because I've been single for a very long time and I only attract losers who emotionally abuse me.