Should I stick with him or run for the hills?

I met this guy through a mutual friend about 2 months ago. We hit it off fairly well and meet up once or twice a week. He works a ton and seems to be slightly insecure/shy. he used to contact me every day even when I know he was super busy at work just to ask how my day was going but the past 2 weeks he been quite different. I recently found out from our mutual friend that he is a smoker and is trying to quit. This friend also told me that the guy was probably too ashamed to tell me as I had previously expressed my displeasure of smoking. After this we went a week without speaking to or seeing eahother. I asked him what was up and to just tell me if I need to leave him alone but he told me that he was going through some things and that he typically becomes reclusive when he is upset (I can confirm this with previous behaviour). He also reassured me that he still wanted to talk to me. he is very respectful of me and we have not done anything sexual, let alone kissed (which I assume is because he does not want me to smell smoke). He seems like he genuinely likes me as he's told me he tries really hard to impress me and he also changes poor behaviour for me, but I'm doubting it right now as I have had to be the first to contact him all week. I'm hoping his behaviour is due to his frustration with quitting smoking and this will all blow over in time. Should I continue to pursue him or should I take his silence as he's not interested in me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep pursuing. How many guys are this respectful and are willing to quit smoking for you?

What Guys Said 1

• Run for the hills!

What Girls Said 1

• Usually when a guy starts acting like that, it's best to back away from the situation and let him come to you