One for the girls, when you back away?

Briefly been dating a girl, prob 3-4 weeks, going well but apart from a minor brain malfunction i've come on a little strong and pushed her away, causing her to back off.. Is it usual with some space that ladies generally come around + or I've blown it and should write it off

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never backed away from a guy I really liked., But if I never really liked the guy to much and I backed away because he came on too strong, I'd already had the perception that he's not my type and it wouldn't work out. But every one is different. I would still give him a chance if he could learn how to be more independent :) and if you backed off a lot she might wonder why you aren't around do much and you can start all over. Just don't play ignoring games, and if she tried to approach you let her in.

• Cheers 👍

• Another thing. You might not have come on strong at all, since you didn't explain what you did exactly, she's probably avoiding eye contact, very straight around you, short replies because she's very shy. I'm shy around the guy i like, and now I'm moving on because he's "Trying to show me he doesn't like me as much, though I've never gave him the impression I was really into him"

• Ohh, I know what I did, wasn't too bad, Last time we saw each other in person was amazing. more I had really high anxiety related to depression/fathers death last year, So I think I was just too available/anxious hence lowered interest. But like you suggest, I am not playing games or ignoring her. A fresh start would be great

What Girls Said 2

• Well depends on the girl and the connection you guys have/had, but yeah... back away a bit and see if she comes toward you a bit. If not, then wasn't meant to be.

• Thanks, yeah I guess time will tell

• Back off for a little while, this has happened to me and I lost interest, when he disappeared suddenly, found myself looking for his presence and his awesome nature.

• Cool, that's re-assuring to hear :)

• So pretty much, reaching out I would shoot myself in the foot yes?

• Definitely. Give her a chance to miss you. Distance make the heart grow fonder as they always say. Unless she's become interested in another guy of course

What Guys Said 2

• Blown it, leave it alone.

• Can't advise without knowing the crime