Girls, If your new girlfriend rarely texts you first, does that mean she isn't interested?

• Yes
    15% (5)
  • No
    85% (29)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I prefer the guys to text first.

What Girls Said 10

• I think to accurately answer this you need to give more information. How long have you been dating? Who showed the first signs of interest? Who asked who to date? Do you see eachother often in real life?

• We have an amazing time when we are together and we see each other a lot in real life. We have been dating 1 month. We both show signs of interest but she never texts first

• Are a lot of women taught to wait for the guy to do this as well so this might be a reason why?

• I would not say taught, but I feel like there is a lot of pressure for girls not to appear clingy, as many guys talk about it being a turn off. Many girls now are considered desperate just for letting a guy know she's into him or making a move. As a society girls have been conditioned that if a guy does not talk to you first, then you should wait or else you will be seen as clingy. Especially in a new relationship girls don't want to do anything that would make the guy want to break up.

• This question is useless. You have been served!

• No. There are women who prefer that the guy initiate contact. They could be old school in beliefs or they need to feel like the guy is really in to them.

• honestly probably not, It could just mean that she's not a big texter. have you ever tried calling her? because sometimes its just easier to get your point across and faster. she also probably doesn't want to come off as clingy, right away.

• she's probably shy, and doesn't want to appear too clingy. Also, some girls really enjoy being courted and chased after; I rarely started communication when I was dating my husband, but did a happy dance every time he called or texted.

• Would you have started communication if he said that the lack of starting communication made him doubt that you were interested

• Probably/possibly. Although six years ago I was a little more shy.

• Nope. She could just be bad at it. Or not like it. Or just prefer to say it in person.

I really only use texting for when I'm meeting up with someone, because I'm slow at it, and I'd rather just talk face to face.

Doesn't mean anything. :)

• She wants you to text her first

• She wants you to text her first because she feels like she is bothering you if she texts you.

• She might just be insecure. If I were you I'd bring it up the next time I meet her and ask why she doesn't usually text first and hint that you want her to text first more often (say something like "I always want to hear from you").

• It doesn't neccesarily mean she doesn't like you much. She may not want to seem too keen or come accross clinging.

On the other hand it is possible they are not that bothered.

It's hard to say really!