Do most men not read your profile?

I was on the phone with a guy who spotted me on social media. Basically he admitted he didn't know my age or any other basic thing about me, such as my name. All that was clearly in my profile. So I just got annoyed and ended the conversation Do guys just look at a girls pics only? Wtf

Most Helpful Guy

• I do. I try to learn about the person before I message them so I can know who I'm going to potentially be talking to and what I'm getting myself into. even if I try to make a message relating to her or what she's said, genuinely trying to get to know said girl based off of her profile because I feel we'd have a lot in common, I still get no responses. I've taken some time to craft well thought out personal messages to the girl and then nothing... its like great I just spent that time learning about that person trying to get them to just talk to me, not even expecting a date, and nothing. I don't know maybe they thing oh he's like all the others and just don't respond. all I know is Yes I do read the girls profile before messaging and I always try to keep it into account... not that it really helps me any lol.

What Guys Said 4

• I only look if I have a reason to. In normal question and answer sessions it just isn't necessary. If I get to know the person really well then I do. That's partly so I don't cause any upset if I say something wrong, like I fancy them and then be told they are married or have a bf already.

• I don't really look at pics first anyway. Again, they are totally irrelevant unless you are really getting to know each other.

• maybe... he was lying basically... because he didn't wanted u 2 think, that he\s stalking u ;-)

• I usually read the profile to get a sense of someone. If I message then, I make a comment about something interesting I read or something tongue in cheek about a show they say they like. On the other side I would say it's not received.

Everyone seems to be looking for something.

• I only read profiles if they're hot to begin with.

What Girls Said 3

• Pretty much.

There might be the rare guy that goes through your entire profile, but only if he's actually looking to date someone. I feel like most men use dating sites just for hook-ups.

• well mostly yes, & if he didn't know your name that's just retarted. they are hoping to get to know you while your talking.

• No one reads profile, they look at pictures