How to bring up a serious talk in the relationship?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about a month and a half. We've been wanting to hang out and even go third base sometime soon but I want him to know I don't just want the physical stuff (athough I do actually really want it)... I'm not romantic, but I really crave that emotional connection. But I hate having these talks becuase they're awkward for both people and I don't wanna be asking way too much and be annoying...
Also, any guys have opinions on this- is it annoying if a girl asks this stuff?

Most Helpful Guy

• It may be a bit awkward, but it's something that you kind of just have to do anyway if you want to move forward properly. Communication is the most important thing for a relationship, and you need to push through those awkward phases to make sure that open communication becomes a bedrock element of the relationship.

The ability of a guy to handle this kind of talk depends a lot on his emotional maturity, his level of concern for you, and what he actually wants out of it. If a guy is really just into a girl because of physical reasons, then these kinds of talks are going to really stress him out because it can paint him into a corner and make him uncomfortable. He will still say what he feels he needs to say to seal the deal, but he'll be more uncomfortable about it.

The more open a guy is to these kinds of conversations, the more he actively participates, the more he has thoughts of his own and opinions of his own to contribute to these talks, the better the sign that he is into you as a person and is thinking about this maturely.

What Guys Said 3

• it's not annoying... when the guy's emotionally connected 2 u as well basically...;-)

• Awkwardness isn't that bad anyways, especially if it's expected.

• I get nervous during those talks lol but you should definitely do that

What Girls Said 0