Guys, which one do I go for?

I've had this guy friend for 3 years... and im really interested in him... but i dont want to end up losing everything with him if It ends badly. This other guy has caught my eye and im interested in him but I dont know if I should date him instead and continue being friends with the other guy... Opinions?

10

Most Helpful Guy

• Tricky. You are young, so a lot of the friends you have now won't be around when you are in your mid-20s, so on one hand you shouldn't worry too much about risking the friendship for the chance at moving that to a new level. On the other hand, late teens can be a stressful, stressful time, so good friends can be worth their weight in gold for those few years... so that kind of makes you want to hold off on potentially blowing up a solid friendship.

On the third hand (it's the internet, no reason to limit myself to two hands...)... if the guy that you are good friends with actually kind of likes you, he could get jealous if you date the new guy, especially if things go really well. In which case you could end up losing the friendship anyway, even if you don't date him.

Add to that the fact that it can be really, really hard for guys and girls to remain platonic friends over time, once both of them are sexually active, and it is starting to look like the risk to the friendship of guy 1 may be a worthwhile risk long term.

So... I would lean towards the first guy. If it works, it will be awesome because you've been friends for so long. So there will be a comfort there. If it doesn't... well, there are a lot of chances that the friendship would have been screwed anyway, over time.

What Guys Said 9

• Go with the friend. You know he's not gonna hurt you, you know he's there for you, you know him. There's a reason why you have kept him in your life all those three years, and even developed a crush for him.
    The other guy may be better, you don't know that, but he could also be awful.

I think you should go with your friend. The best relationships usually come from great friendships.

• Flip a coin and choose already :) Just kidding. If your friend feels very mutual about taking your friendship further, then I would choose that over the over guy. If not of course, I wouldn't want to risk losing a good friendship. But, why does your friendship with him ends? Sure you have feelings for him, but that doesn't mean you have to end your friendship just cause.

• in my opinion. Keep the menu where you can see it, but don't order anything... yet. It's too early and while I get that noone would get anywhere without trying, trust me, you can try your hand at romantic relationships later. Right now you are 16 and shouldn't give a fuck.

• go 4 the first ine then,... was he the guy u mentioned in yer other question?

• neither...

• We are gonna need more info than that, it's like trying to work out which jar contains poison when you can't see into either jar

• Neither, you can't LIKE more than one person at a time, it's not possible

• Yeah you can wth. I like several girls I know.

• You're not getting the point, nor is she

• Who says you have to choose one or the other? Date them both, get to know them better, and then decide which one is better relationship material. I've tried dating female friends over the years; in most (not all) of the cases, it didn't feel right, so we had a good laugh and went right back to being friends.

• You're still young. It's ok if it doesn't work out. You'll likely cross paths when you get older. Hate telling you this but you'll move apart from the majority of your HS friends. Everyone usually just scatters to do their own thing after HS.