How can I approach this guy at my work?

I've only talked to him once awhile ago when I needed help with my computer.. he's a tech support guy for my floor so I don't really work with him. He walks by me pretty often during the day and occasionally sits in the area but not near me... I don't know how I'd approach him and I get so anxious about doing it. Should I ask for help with something? What would I ask for? Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• yes... asking him 4 help "on purpose" works lot of times basically...;-)

What Guys Said 13

• A hard question on a macbook?

Well, as I recall Apple borrowed FreeBSD's kernel, and with it, should be the PF (stands for 'Packet Filter') firewall which is a bit complex to configure for your average computer tech, although a seasoned network administrator could nail it.

Tell him you would like to enable PF for your macbook and you want to write a configuration file for it -- no GUI options -- because you want to umm... a highly specific ruleset. That umm, does network address translation (NAT) for another computer behind it on your LAN. Yep, you're throwing your macbook into routing mode.

Then ummm... talk to him. About... well... you're the one who came up with this hair brained scheme :P

• @Asker
      by the way it has been awhile, have you gotten a chance to talk to that guy yet?

• Why would it be weird to talk to him? What makes it so weird? If you both know each other, have talked to each other, and see each other every day, then just talk to him. It won't be weird.

As for how? Well to start off slow, you can just say hi to him every morning with a nice big smile, then keep doing what you were doing. Do this a few times, and then he'll be more comfortable.

Then try to talk about something in common, something about where you both work, or both eat, or hell even the weather. "It's a hot one today" Or better yet, talk about him or a book he's carrying. "Heard about that book, is it any good?" Or even just ask a general question. "See any good movies lately?"

Don't force the conversation, especially if he's working or in a hurry. Just keep it short and sweet. If he's not busy and wants to keep talking, he'll keep talking to you.

Or do the desperate thing, and ask for help with your computer again. :D

• The ice has already bee broken so at this point everything is fair game. So next time he walks by say something random to him, he'll reply i'm sure and take it from there.

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_14.gif

• Ask him to help you install some ram into your motherboard.

25.media.tumblr.com/.../...amEnc01rzd6w3o1_400.gif

• Tell him you need computer help once again. Then tell him that the computer is at home in your bedroom.

• tell him you may or may not be interested in building your own desktop, but you don't know how or were to start. that should get a conversation going.

• So you intend to deceive him with... business?

• Just ask him what kind of computer you should get. But I agree that you seem to be deceiving him just to talk to him. If you like him, just skip the computer talk and tell him you like him and you want to hang out with him.

• Yes, ask for help with anything. He's probably introverted & needs a big glaring sign its ok to approach you.

Be obvious, & if he don't take the hint, keep finding reasons for his help. He should get what's going on before too long.

• Flash him----------

• what kind of comp do you have?

• Pass innocent smiles not pretended ones trust me it gives a completely different meaning

• Put a folder on your desktop called private, fill it with some sexy photos of yourself.

Then go get your system infected with malware.

Have him look at your system with you present.
    Then when you have given him enough time to notice the private folder, step out for a brief moment, but super brief so he can't copy the images, but long enough to allow him to see them. (HE WILL LOOK)
    If you can somehow pop back in with him having the images open, you can make a comment like "Oh you like those"
    Or if you pop back in and he has already closed them, he will be frigidly and you will notice him being nervous. You can play with this.
    Maybe really get him worked up. Touch his leg or arm discretely, or even ask him why he's so shaky.
    You could really work it to your advantage.

What Girls Said 3

• Just say you want to buy a new laptop what one should you get?

• Why don't you want him to think you're interested? Are you interested in him? If you are you should talk to him and be confident. If you want anything to happens betwen you and him it shouldn't matter that you showed him that you're interested first

• You can talk to him about it but don't ask him for help with everything you want to do on a computer