Girls, would you ever date /fall in love with someone you consider to be a close friend?

I'm friends with a woman who I have strong feelings for. She's the first person to call me babe and hon. I know that some people use these terms every day between friends. She's also the first person to call me adorable. We have been friends for about 6 months now and we both consider each other as a close friend.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. If I'm going to date someone I want to know him well. ButIm still a bit hesitant just in case it doesn't work out. Because Im going to lose a close friend if that happens.

What Girls Said 12

• I have/am. I'm nearing my 18th birthday, he his 23rd, and we met at 15 and 20. So actually, that creates more obstacles. Anyhow, those nicknames don't necessarily mean anything, but it's not a bad sign. See if she calls other guys that. It's not uncommon for close friends to fall for each other. But no matter what some other women will say, the friend zone does exist. I'll be the minority female to say that, but once a woman decides, genuinely decides, not tries to convince herself, that you're just a friend, that's kind of it. Now, that's after a lot of conscious thought, which means she'd have considered it. That should be your goal. Get to her to think about you. Only then can you be friend zoned or lucky.

• Well you have to decide how much you value the friendship, because that is something you could most likely lose if the relationship doesn't work out.
    Most break ups end badly... So if you don't intend to be with her the rest of your life, you should consider that dating her will potentially lead to the end of your friendship at some point. I know that sounds very negative... But it's quite realistic, too.

• Definitely. ALL my relationships started out as friends (for at least 6 months!). It seems better this way because the transition is easy and you already feel comfortable with them and have trust.

• Yes! Don't be discouraged by being friends first
    Some of the best relationships start that way and you probably have a better chance than you think

• Yes I would

• It's possible. You've only been friends for 6 months so don't rush anything. Great relationships almost always start off as close friends. Good luck. :)

• Usually the best relationships comes from being good friends first.

• yes I have

• yes!! absolutely

• Yes I actually recently kind of fell for my close friend, but at first I didn't see him as someone I would ever date. The feelings just started one day.

• I want my boyfriend to be my best friend <3

• That's usually how I fall for men.