Would you date a guy who owes $7500 to the government?

I owe $7500 to the government.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well we aren't married... lol we don't have to join banks when just dating so... i don't care, just as long as you are reponsible, don't go spending all my money next and cut up all your credit cards after lol (if you have any), my parents amongst thousands of others got into debt because of credit cards, i've been through hell and back with my parents, having to go a long time with not much variation in food to drink, Christmas has become a sad and crap time for me because of it, haven't celebrated my birthday in years... my lifes been pretty shit because of my parents being in debt for a long time, they still owe a bit of money but it's not too bad now. If you promise to cut up the credit cards then yup... i might date you. Of course money isn't everything to me, i don't need to be taken on posh dates.

• How about I take you on a date to a bank

• We could watch people deposit and withdraw money from the ATMs, we could talk to the bankers about loans, stocks and bonds, mutual funds, mortgages, dividends, down payments, interest, chequeing accounts, savings accounts, RESPs, RRSPs, lines of credit, reward miles, life insurance, brokerages, direct deposits, promissary notes, and Exchange Traded funds.

That would be a lovely date in my opinion. We could go visit a different bank every week and just sit there for no reason.

• haha you don't need to knwo any of that, all you need to know is use Visa Debit, don't use credit cards, don't have direct debits and save for what you want (no matter how long it takes), and only spend the money you've got ;), oh... and spread sheet the crap out of everything lol. It's cool to talk but id love to do something fun too.

What Girls Said 4

• My whole generation and below are in debt. We went to university. Probably quite rare now, to meet someone who doesn't owe something lol.

• and if we dont owe something, then we don't have money to buy something due to a lack of a job.

• Why can't I just make or win a million and $ and retire tomorrow? You are in the UK, so I guess people would call you "Lady Mgoods" give or take.

• Haha, umm... Not quite. Lol

• How would she know?

• Why would you broadcast your debt? Compared to most people, $7500 is nothing.

• I don't like hiding stuff from people. It is relieving to tell people of all my problems.

• There are people far worse than the government you could owe money to... not really a deal breaker.

What Guys Said 8

• $7500 isn't even that much...

I'd be curious as to why a girl I'm interesting in owes that money but as long as she seems to have her head on straight then she's datable to me.

• Why do you owe 7500 bucks to the government? But I agree - there's probably other people that owe a lot more than that. Not to mention, I'll bet the government owes US some dough.

• Just dont say anything

• Dude, and how much money does the government owe you? Even Canada must have lots of taxation.

• We do have lots of taxation. I want to become a police office so I can pay off this money.

• Ah renting, did that back during my school days K-10, never again! Burning money isn't the way to go.

• I didn't rent, my parents did, LOL!!!

• Don't broadcast it. You will be fine.

• most of the women you date will own way more than that in student loans

• How is that even relevant?

• well I gotta pay for some stuff like gifts and occasionally dinner. Money is tight for me and I don't want to have to take a girl to Taco Bell for a date because I owe $7500

• If she's only dating you for your money then she isn't worth your time.

• haha, I have a degree and I am in no debt

• That's good for you but one day I will be wealthy man I promise.

• True, you wanna help?

• No, I have my own business to tend to.