Girls, to the single gals out there, do you ever feel down when seeing couples?

Normally this doesn't bother me all that much. Tonight though I was out with friends, and maybe it was seeing my two friends who are together. I'm happy for them and all but I guess today I was just reminded that I'm single. Last month a guy I was seeing broke up with me, it's not that I miss him, I think I miss having someone. When I got home I felt kinda down. Anyone else have similar feelings?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly no I don't, I think it's because I'm not searching for a relationship but I have felt like that once when I was 19 only because my friends were in a relationship, but now it doesn't bother me

• True. It's not that I'm unhappy with my life as is. I just sometimes feel like I want someone. I've also never been in a relationship so it's kinda longing to finally be with someone. I was so close to something with this one guy and it ended, which sucks but hey what can ya do?

• Very true. We were never technically in a relationship. It was a short lived thing, it was so close that it could have become something awesome. As I mentioned earlier too, it's not the guy I miss, It's having that someone.

• Yes i have been there before, and you will have someone, I think that's relationships is all about having someone and what makes it better is when you connect

What Girls Said 12

• Oh my gosh yesss!!! I feel happy for them, that they've found someone who hopefully makes them happy, but then its another reminder that nobody cares about me like that. I always feel crushed and all alone.. I wish that were me. I've never had a boyfriend or anything, nobody has ever shown me that im really worth it. It would be nice to get a hug when you feel down or for any reason at all. I totally understand

• Exactly! Like I have my friends who I love but having a boyfriend is completely different! Someone you can call if you've had a shitty day, someone to hug you for no reason.

• Yeah! It hurts when your friends are all couples too. Because they tell you that you'll find someone but then they third wheel you hardcore and then you feel miserable. I like hugs but I never get them. And someone who would make you feel better sounds wonderful. And friends just can't take that place, especially if they're with even more friends. You start to blend in with the wall or are just less noticable.

• Oh at times yea definitely. Then there's times when I don't really care because I'm too busy but it would be nice to have someone around and distract me from being stressed about all this crap I have to do.

• I get that girl. Whenever I've had a bad day or stressful day I wish I had someone to call just to talk. Like I could call a friend, but it's different with a significant other, you know? Your friends are there for you but you also don't wanna bug them. I guess most guys don't mind being bugged once in a while by their girlfriends ;)

• Right lol. But I it's gonna be worth the wait. So I guess I'll wait patiently haha

• True. I'd rather wait for someone really special than settle.

• Yes. Lately it has been horrible. Literally every time I log onto FB, somebody else is engaged. Or have gotten married. And I'm just like... ugh. Lol, it's pretty sad actually.

• yeah babe i feel you on this... its like the only downside of being single... whenever you see a happy couple walking in front of you.. kissing and hugging you feel like this
    www.2lucu.com/.../...Single-bells-Single-bells.png

• Whatever url you posted doesn't work lol but thanks for your answer :)

• Oh okay I googled it haha thanks :)

• no problem:P

• I get upset even though I actually am in a relationship. Because mine is long distance so it's hard not being able to kiss or see them. So seeing other couples doing that gets me sad.

• Yes, sometimes. When I'm sad, I get really down.
    But, in the end, I just think "my time will come".

• It's when you want to go out, enjoy, do something, and your friends are not available that I get to be reminded I'm single. Its moments like those where I get a little sad

• Single and never dated anyone yet. I'm almost 20. So yes, I would be, especially when my friends start to daydream about marrying their boyfriends when they grafuate... (cries into pillow

• Yep being single for a while can be a bit depressing XD

• Sometimes yes.

• Not really I'm kinda sick of guys right now lol

• Yes, yes I do.