Non-catholic girl dating a catholic guy?

I like this guy and things were going really well and he was very sweet, but he started to get a bit distant over the last week or two and I wasn't sure why.
I've realised that it happened after talking about religion. I'm Anglican and my family aren't very religious and his family is strict Roman Catholic, he said he's never had a non Catholic girlfriend and will only marry a catholic.
I know it's not something to be taken lightly but for the right guy I would convert to get married so we could share a lifestyle and raise our family that way.
I don't know how to tell him that or subtly bring it up without sounding too serious. It's just something I want him to know so things are clear between us
Any ideas?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• You both believe in Christianity.
    It's not as if you're Islamic, Jewish, Buddhist or Mormon, etc.

Anglican is only slightly different to Catholic, because Henry VIII wanted to start his own Christian church so he could legally get a divorce. He kicked out or killed all the bishops and priests who wouldn't agree to him being head of the church. Those who agreed were allowed to stay and keep using the same cathedrals and churches as before.

Talk it over with him.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• ughhh better avoid... because his family won't accept u basically... most catholics r really conservative, and tend 2 avoid anyone who's a non-catholic...;-)

• I think you just need to communicate with him and let him know how you feel. I have dated outside of my religion and for me, it's not a big deal.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm Catholic and a friend from Calvary Chapel has expressed interest in me. He told me he would change religion so we could be together. I told him I didn't want him to do it for me, but do it because "you truly believe what I believe."
    Catholics don't take this topic too serious, although a few will. Just talk to him about it. I think it is very sweet that you would change religion for him and he may think the same. Just keep it sweet and to the point :)

• I would never convert my beliefs for someone else. Your probably not that serious about your belief if a guy can change it