Girls, Why would a girl not say "i love you" back the first time the guy says to her it even if she does love him?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• SHOCK most likely, Nervous, Unsure

For me that's what it was.. I remember I was bestfriends with a guy for a whole year every single day people would tell me "Are you sure he doesn't like you","I think he's in love with you", "I thought you guys were dating"

And then one day after at our like 1 year of knowing each other mark
    He tells me he loves me
    Me:Wait What
    Him:Nevemind
    Me: No really, I zoned out the first time
    Him: I love you
    Me.. **silence**

He continued to say it, even when he'd call me after he'd say goodbye he'd always say it
    Eventually I became comfortable enough to say it back
    I'm also not a person who says it a lot even to my own family so that could also be it

• Were you dating

• When he told you that he loved you did he just go straight for it as in randomly telling you he loves you or did he do it in a particular moment with a build up

• There was definite build up
      We were talking about past relationships, ex crushes and virginity

What Girls Said 12

• I would guess that she's probably being cautious/doesn't want to appear too eager. Many females still feel it's taboo to be aggressive in a new relationship, and instead put up a ¨cool¨ facade. Meanwhile, even though we seem calm, we are just as excited as you! And even if she didn't reciprocate, if she truly does love you, I can guarantee that her heart was even more head-over-heels about you after that. Just give it time - and make sure she feels she can trust you.

• i guess i can put it this way: when two people r together their affection for each other grow, when that affect reaches certain threshold, you start to realise it's time to say I love you.

Maybe her affection for you hasn't reached the threshold to say I love you. But this does not mean that she doesn't love you as much as you do to her, because this threshold is different for everyone. She could like you as much as you like her, but it hasn't reached her standard for saying I love you. just giver her some time

• Because she DOESN'T LOVE HIM or she was taken by surprise. Would you want someone to tell you they love you when they DON'T mean it?

• She might just want to be careful for a number of reasons. Maybe she was hurt not too long ago and just wants to take it slow and not ruin anything.

• Maybe she is waiting for her feelings of love to deepen

• Well, in my experience, saying "I love you," can sometimes be really difficult to say. I usually want to make sure that I am in love with the person before I say it.
    Only one person I have ever and still love.

• i love you is a strong word some dont say it because they dont mean, & she's just trying not to hurt you i believe.

• She thinks might not want to seem eager and put herself out there you should give her time and if she still doesn't tell you you should talk to her there is a logical explanation don't get paranoid.

• She might now want to be moving too fast or she cares but she isn't sure if its love yet.

• In this scenario. It has been 5 months. And she knows she loves him and it is love

• Maybe she's just scared of being hurt. That's a situation I've been in. I got hurt so much that I refused to even have super close friends for a while and then I got into a relationship with a guy I really liked but when he said it i didn't really know if he meant it and didn't want to get hurt

• Either because she doesn't want to go to fast or is very nervous about it or maybe didn't hear you. I honestly didn't here my bf the first time he told me he loved me. Ask her. Be strait forward. Get the answer from her.

• It has been 5 months

• And I don't really understand what you mean by girls are shy. How does this relate to this scenario?

• Nervous. Just ask her. She may not have heard it or might have been scared to say it back because she isn't ready.

• Maybe she is not sure for what you just said to her. She needs time to realize that...

• She might not feel comfortable saying it, it does't mean she does not love you