I asked him out and he turned me down. Is his reasoning honest or is he just not into me?

He says he's not ready to date as he just went through a messy breakup... Is that just an excuse? Will he follow through and ask me out later on?
Or will I never hear from him? Will he ever hit me up? I tried and got rejected. I met a guy through a manager at work... It's his friend... I only chatted to him briefly but he was really nice and cute and I like him 😊
After that I asked the manager who his cute friend was... And he said that he asked about me too and said I was hot.
So I added him on fb and we have been sending messages back and forth.
Anyways I asked him if he wanted to catch up for a drink sometime and he told me that he is keen but now right now... Cos he just went through a messy breakup so he just wants some alone time and time with his mates... He said he would like to when he isn't "all over the place" and that he will contact me when he feels ready...

I I just feel embarrassed and a bit silly :/
should I feel dumb?

Will he he ever contact me or not? It could take years to get over a breakup. At least he rejected me nicely... Such. Shame... He seems so nice! What's wrong with me? Why does it never work out for me!

What Guys Said 1

• FIRST OF ALL, congrats for asking a man out. You are already not like most women. I forever hear women protest in the name of feminism, while not being able to ask a man out, hypocrites. However, you have broken that barrier. Embarrassment is all part of the approach. It is completely natural. It happens to men all of the time.

What Girls Said 1

• Honest or not he doesn't want you. Move on.