Do I bother him? Is that why he doesn't really talk to me?

I met a guy fall quarter in my water polo class, and unintentionally fell for him on the last day of class. I added him over winter break on facebook and messaged him once about waterpolo, and he responded immediately. Spring quarter is here, and he's taking the class again. I try to talk to him, but don't get much out of him. In the fall, we talked a few times, but Im trying to talk to him more, but he still won't really talk to me much. He has no problem talking to the guys in the class, and talks during the games we play. Today, after class, I saw him at grad fair, and talked to him for a bit, but he still did not say much to me.

He seems like a quiet guy. But it seems like he's not putting much effort into talking to me, when he has no problem talking to the other guys in the class. He doesn't seem to talk to any of the (few) girls in our class. It seems like I'm the only girl he's talked to. I don't know if it's a gender thing or not.
Do I annoy him or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• You nailed it when you said you were the only girl he does talk to, and that he does talk to other *guys*. You mentioned he's a shy type, so it all makes sense. I don't think you're annoying him so much as he is just being his shy self and too scared to talk to you and/or just doesn't know what to say.

What Guys Said 3

• 1. Maybe he is homosexual.
    2. Maybe he is terribly shy with women.
    3. Maybe he has a girl back home/somewhere else.

If you annoyed him, he wouldn't talk to you at all.

• Who knows? He could be real shy, have/had another gf, be a inter-deminsional traveling alien, but if you're attracted to him, why don't you talk and flirt with him so maybe he'll ask you out?

• I don't think you're annoying him. It seems like he's just a little nervous talking to girls.

What Girls Said 4

• He could be shy or slightly autistic, I don't know him so I can't say. Maybe he doesn't even like girls? But you have two options, walk away or tell him you like him and let him tell you himself how he feels about that. Good luck!

• Just ignore him. If he talks to you then you weren't annoying him. If he doesn't talk to you then you probably were.

• I think he maybe gay...

• Maybe he's just a shy guy. I say talk to him about hanging out and playing water polo together sometime.