Do all guys just want models?

Seems like all guys want is a model or fantasize about models
and want their girl to be perfect as possible

Most Helpful Guy

• I think girls THINK we like models more than we actually do. Models are models because they have a certain body type desired by the fashion industry. Tall, skinny, leggy. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that shape. But it doesn't mean guys DON'T like every other shape. Remember, girls generally pay a whole hell of a lot more attention to the fashion industry runways than men do. I think guys are mostly more attracted to sex appeal. Or some are attracted to the opposite, the more innocent look. Bottom line: we're all attracted to different types and features, and you just can't nail down exactly what guys want, nor should you aspire to be something you aren't for the sake of impressing rando dudes.

This site alone is littered with questions about what guys or girls prefer physically, and it's just spinning our wheels because there is no definitive answer. The answer to like 90% of these types of questions is "depends on the guy/girl", but no one wants to hear that for some reason.

Even the word "model" has a loose definition itself. I've dated "models", aka pretty girls who were most likely approached by some half-rate photographer in a shopping mall who flattered them enough to convince them to have their picture taken, or maybe even sought it out photographers themselves. But it doesn't mean they're Candace Swanepoel. Girls love to say they're "models" but you have to take it with a grain of salt unless they're full-time working models.

And anyway, as far famous people go, i'm probably more attracted to a pretty actress or singer, or even just a random girl in a music video, than a model that's only 105 lbs at 5'11. Some of these models aren't so much "pretty" as much as they're "interesting-looking." So don't put too much stock in the title of "model."

And regardless of what our ideal is, most of us won't attain that. There's an old saying, and excuse the crass wording: "wish in one hand, and piss in the other, and see which one fills up first"

What Guys Said 53

• Not going to lie, I wouldn't mind a girl who looked like a model but I wouldn't date an actual model.

The modeling industry damages their self-esteem so you think your getting a girl who is super confident in her body but often times its the complete opposite. Many become arrogant and entitled. Travel all the time so i won't see her. The industry is known for drugs, partying and promiscuity, all turn offs for me and probably most other guys as well. Also I'm not really a fan of dating a girl who gets naked /sexually objectifies herself for money. Sure not all of them do but a sizable majority do, modeling is about taking clothes off just as much as it is putting them on. They just sexualize themselves to help advertise a bunch of shitty products nobody really needs It all in the facial expression and body language. Sure objectively she might be attractive but the fact she's gets naked and suggestively poses for a bunch of horny guys with cameras kinda cheapens her beauty in my opinion. To know that everytime I see my girlfriend naked or in lingerie, oh hundreds of guys in the fashion industry have also seen her like this and all they had to do was pay her some money. Plus those pics are there for everyone to see, friends, family, future kids. I'd rather date a girl who poses nude for art classes. much more tasteful and respectable in my opinion.

So there's a lot of cons to fating a model while the only pro is that she's hot. if I could date a girl who looked like a model but never actually got involved in the modeling industry, I wouldn't complain. But realistically that girl would be waaaaay out of my league so I'm not counting on it.

seriously though, just about every guy would fuck a model if he could but the number of guys who would actually want to marry one is a lot smaller. if you seen these famous models you might have noticed that there love lives/ marriages aren't any more successful than average girls. If anything I think their love loves are worse than non-models.

• Models are gross. Eat them

• Models? The only models I have seen that are remotely attractive are plus sized models, like Chloe Marshall, Denise Bidot, Candice Huffine, Kaela Humprhies, Sabine Gruchet, and Tara Lynn. They are amazing! Check them out! Normal models are anorexic/starving to death/no curves, and are all fake. The pinnacle of beauty in a woman is revealed by how natural she is: No makeup, no fake hair color/eye brows, no shaved body hair, tattoos, excessive jewelry. YOU are at your most perfect just the way the Good Lord made you!! Please trust me on this!

• Not for me, most models are tall and skinny, now everyone has their preference but not every guy likes them including me. I prefer some curves and something big, just my preference and so does a majority of women as well. I've hanged out with models and friends with some, i don't see why people get so wrapped in the idea of one. They're just people like us too

• When I think of models I think of 12 year old boys who haven't yet come into puberty. There is nothing womanly about them and nothing to fantasize about.

Give me a real woman over a model any day.

• 'Seems like all guys want is a model or fantasize about models...' Where are you getting that from?

'... and want their girl to be perfect as possible,' models are far from perfect. In fact, a good proportion of models I see are nowhere near good-looking.

It just goes to show how girls themselves view female models.

• No. I would never spend the rest of my life being with arrogant, mean, & selfish models who only thinks about their fame, money, & skinny bodies. Because those are the type of women who wants to hang around male models who are just as good as they are & that really annoys the hell out of me. So, for me I would go out & find me an hot/average girl to be with in order for us both to live happy & normal lives. Being with regular people is 100 times better than being with other people who are money; fame; & attention hungry.

• Depends on how you look at it.

I know a lot of guys want a girl who isn't fat.
    And with my country's obesity rate, that can be challenging.
    And to girls, it makes it look like we want something unattainable.

• men want women they are attracted to, not everybody is going to be attractive to every single person.

• All other things being equal and if you could, wouldn't you want to have the best-looking guy possible?

The key words are, of course, "All other things being equal and if you could".

• do you see all the guys in your country dating models? i doubt it. Guys and girls have their fantasies, but they do still live in reality. If you dont think girls want certain physical things out of men, just ask them (or ask yourself) what their height requirements are in men.

• Yep I want a model like this one: s3.amazonaws.com/.../...4ef1-8917-2aa801d25d73.jpg
    I feel my existence just melts away looking at her!
    These are my dream girls I'll honestly admit...
    I feel bad when girls want a model guy but I don't blame them. It's just their fantasies anyway. We all have fantasies come on girl!

• ? She looks no different than the rest of the anorexic models in magazines.

• @sobg71124 less skinny as opposed to more skinny.

• I don't think I can acquire a girl that looks like a model anyway so I'm just fantasizing, I'll probably go for a more normal looking girl...

• Nah, most models are underweight and I don't find them attractive.

• do all girls want douchebag 'thug' guys?

no and no.

have long hair, don't be overweight, dress attractively, and you're good.

• Am I attracted to models? Depending on the type of model yes I am. Is a model all I want? No.
    Do I fantasize about models? Only when I'm looking at a picture of one I find attractive in the moment.

• No I want a girl that likes me for me. And that I can love and adore and be 100% comfortable around. Of course I must find her attractive but that is a small part.

• Lol to be honest thats just a fantasy. I mean I'm sure you fantasize about the perfect man, male model, chiseled physique, 6'5, perfect jawline, blue eyes, whatever. The truth is if I got "the perfect girl" I wouldn't know what to do next. Like what do you do? Plus dudes would be starting hard as fuck every time we're walking down the damn street. No thanks, Jeff.

• Hell yeah, Just as equally as you want a man who is six foot, wealthy, and muscular, I want a model and since I have all of those things, I certainly will not settle for less. I want a women that looks like a p*rnstar and since I have the money to find her, I will.

• what is your job?

plus aren't you the back stretching guy, who was bitter?

• A pornstar? An anorexic, stretched out, used up, artificial-looking, disease-ridden whore? Really?

• yea, at least she looks better than the women you date.+sobg71124

• Seems like you're misinformed. That's not true.

I'd rather have a sports girl than a model.

• Who doesn't want a perfect looking SO?

Girls want a model as well. It's a fantasy we all have.

• Personally I've never been into pretty boys..
      I think personality counts more to me.. So maybe I'm a freak lol

• @Kris85 so I'm out of your question then X) ?

• Models are "perfect looking"? In whose eyes?

• YES, THAT'S ALL WE WANT, BETA FEMALES WILL ALL DIE ALONE.

• No I don't. Would I want her to be "my" model. Absofuckinloutly!! Hopefully you're able to pick up on the difference.

• i've dated models and its overrated. a lot of work for a lot less than other girls give you. most models are terrible people, entitled, high maintenance, and far too arrogant, about more things than just their beauty.

• Never found models all that attractive. I need a big ass.

• I thought you didn't like big girls.

• Big difference between fat/big and actually curvy. Models tend not to be curvy because their estrogen production lapses due to such a low bodyfat, and they end up not storing enough fat to give them that great waist-to-hip ratio.

Actually curvy women (such as Kelly Divine or Pinky) are ideal.

• The way I see it, stereotypical models are a representation of only one body type. The world is diverse. Personally, I'm more attracted to "plus-sized" models, which I think the name distinction isn't even necessary. What matters, is whether they treat you with the respect you deserve.

• No not at all, I've dated plain Jane's and girls who have model worthy looks.

• not me. I never went for models.

• I don't know... what are models like?
    What are you talking about?

• Some guys do. Then again, some guys watch Family Guy and think it's the best show on television.

• yeah we just want models , but you want prince charming on white unicorn which dosen't even exist -_-

• °○°! What? That's the most disturbing news!

• Don't worry.. he's just talking about the unicorns, prince charming is still out there somewhere.

• He's referring to model cars and airplanes and stuff.

• More from Guys
    23

What Girls Said 13

• Lol no.

My boyfriend seems to think I have the "ideal female physique" but you can bet your ass you'll find at least 100 guys just on here who would disagree with him.

All guys like different things. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much variety today. Selective reproduction would have honed in on the ideal female form.

We just think they all want models because in general, no man is going to think a model is ugly. And the media upplays that to make everyone think that the model is the IDEAL form. But really, those same guys who will tell you a model is hot will tell you that Jill from Starbucks is hot and so is the bagger girl at the local grocery store and I would bet that neither Jill or the bagger girl look like the models you see on T. V.

• I tend to dissect things like, a model's face. Some of them are just so weird looking. That high fashion makeup and hair, stripped down and you just have a girly boy, really skinny with no interesting features. The only thing she can do is wear any size clothing to look good in pictures. They have basic faces so that all makeup can be worn, like a fresh palette. They're usually very blah looking. Runway models are probably the worst. Strutting around with blank expressions. So in short, no, I think models are really meant for *women* to look at to want to buy clothes, and men want real women.

• #generalisation46

guys know perfectly well what kind of attitude we women hold about this, so if they expect otherwise they must b truly oblivious and unrealistic.
    jokideo.com/.../...13223430_288475_902077917_n.jpg

basically^^ men and women alike need to get over themselves when it comes to the whole hotness thing.

• I don't know any guys that are attracted to models. I mean the pictures look good and their makeup makes them look good, but that's it. The reason the media uses super skinny models, is because back in the day, men used to look at the women, not the clothes.

• yeah they do.);

• hey honey, a right guy will make you his model type. :) you dont have to be skinny , tall or curvy or short. just be whatever you feel is right for you ! Im not in any ways close to model looks, but with the right men, i ve felt like i was better looking than them, couple of times :)

• put it this way;
    There's a difference between 'eye candy' and what a guy can actually get.

Not all guys are looking for Barbie, some maybe, but not all.

• Not really. There are guys who have their preferences

• Well i certainly wouldn't mind my boyfriend looking like a CK model...

• I know I'm like no where model material, I'm like 5'2" and my boobs are too big but my boyfriend says i'm perfect, so yea lol

• i dont even know why guys prefer those stick, clown looking people.

• yes why not?

• absolutely right