Guys, does asking me to move in mean you're going to propose soon?

I moved in with my guy a few months back, we've been together for 2 years and a half. Everyone thinks he's going to pop the question soon since he asked me to move in with him.

what do you think?

He also gave his brother 7 months to propose to his own gf-- which I think is an effort to not upstage him since they've been together for 8 years. If that helps at all?

10

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the other posters all have it wrong. You've been together for a long time, his friends all think this is a possibility (meaning that they think he is the marrying type,) and he gave his brother a deadline to propose or be upstaged. If brother proposes, your boyfriend may wait a few months after that; otherwise, I would expect a proposal within a few weeks of when the 7 month deadline expires.

• Thank
      You
      I just don't see why he'd want me to move in if he wasn't thinking of making me his wife

• I hope that we are both right. Good luck!

What Guys Said 9

• I would say that him living with you beforehand is a poor move, both morally and statistically. Even at the height of my short-lived romance last year, when I still thought marriage was a possibility, I didn't ever seriously consider moving in with her beforehand. I couldn't morally justify it, even though I badly wanted to get out of my folks' home in order to feel like I was actually doing something constructive with my life.

But I can see how he wants you close by, and shacking up does make that more possible.

• I don't see how. What do you mean?

• Your thinking is wrong. People see what they want to see. Possibly you are just a windfall where he gets everything he wants free.

• Some ask to move in and try living together a while before deciding to pop the question. Others want you to move in so he can pop the question. Ask him what living together means to him and what he is thinking

• Certainly possible

• I wanted my gf at the time to move in with me, because: 1. we had been "together" for three year and 2. she lived 600 miles away. I never intended to propose at all because I think marriage is silly (if you love eachother why do you need a piece of paper to prove it?).

We did get married because she does not share my opinion on marriage, and it was a big deal to her. Plus her mum threatened me to propose. But that's a story for another time.

• No, it's just another step. See how this goes first. Test run.

• No def not anytime soon for me

• I ship it!!!

• It doesn't mean anything other than he wants you to move in. Some people live together for years and never marry. A lot of people think if you are already living together what would getting married change? Other people use it as a test run before marriage. You can't read too much into any action.