Girls, If your new boyfriend never called you or texted you first, would that bother you?

• Yes
    84% (36)
  • No
    16% (7)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I expect it to be more-or-less equal. If he never called or texted me first, I'd assume he wasn't very interested in talking to me.

What Girls Said 17

• Yes it would bother me. Girls need to feel like they are wanted, and one way to help them feel that way is to make sure that you are texting her first sometimes. It should really be a 50/50 thing :)

• What if he was super romantic when you are together and does romantic things that make you feel wanted? And would you ask him why he never texts or calls first?

• What do you think would be the minimum frequency of texting her for her not to feel wanted

• Like if you never text her first, like you said in the question. Try and shoot her a text first at least once a week. She'll appreciate it.

• Over time, probably. I would feel he didn't really want to talk to me or that he wasn't ever putting effort in into the relationship. Of course, if he had a regular genuine reason like working long hours, not having signal, being forgetful etc, it'd be a different matter. More so if, when we first started dating, he text me first a lot, but that changed after getting together.

• I guess we won't be talking because I don't do that either unless if I have something important to say... lol

• That depends... I mean, I seriously wouldn't mind texting him first, but if i do it everyday then i feel like i might come off as creepy or annoying ya know? & I wouldn't get mad if he doesn't text back, but i would feel a bit weird if he NEVER does it, unless... He's the shy type, then its no big deal, and ill think of situations like "oh, he's probably busy" or "maybe he has a lot on his mind," or something like that, i always go for the positive stuff first!

• I would start to lose interest and distance myself. Relationships require equal effort from both sides.

• Yes, it would. Cause when someone message you first it means they think about you. But that doesn't mean I'll never initiate conversation.

• Depends on the situation I guess, if he's busy and doesn't text, then I'm not bothered but if he's not busy and doing something else like gaming and stuff, maybe I'm not bothered too because that's what he wants to do
    I can't decide everything for him because he has his own decision to make
    Free to decide for himself

• Nah. If I wanted to talk, I'll just message him. It doesn't matter who calls/text who first, once you're in a relationship, you're in one

• If I had to contact him first literally every time, yes. I'd feel like he wasn't as serious about the relationship as I was.

• Yeah but it depends. I know a lot of guys that hate texting and don't care about small talk. But if I have to always be the one to text to make and confirm plans and other stuff like that THAT would be a problem.

• My boyfriend almost never texts first (he usually calls first though) and it bothers me, but I'm not going to leave him or anything for it

• You said almost never and that he does call. The OP's boyfriend doesn't do either.

• Yeah. When it's a new relationship, there has to be some initiative to keep it going. If it fizzles out so soon, it won't really be going so far at all.

• Hell yes, it bothers me when my friends are like that

• I'm kind of used to being alone so I'd be totally fine with him not calling or texting. *shrugs*

• Nah. Doesn't bother me one bit.

• Yeah. I'd go on ignore mode.

• Yes, I'd pretty much think that he wasn't interested. After I texted/called him first twice I wouldn't bother anymore if he didn't even put effort enough to contact me