Friend Zone Mode?

So me and this guy i liked use to date but we broke up cause he's not ready for a relationship so he ask if we can be friends but everytime i try to talk to him as a friend he doesn't look like he feels comfortable around me. He looks at me from time to time but when i look back he looks away... what does that mean... should i try or give up?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't know how to adjust to the new status and is concerned about overstepping any lines. Will a friendly hug upset you? So on and so forth.

This could be his first break but be friends experience and is unsure of what to expect. You might need to lead the way and guide him until he is confident on HOW to act and treat you.

• Its crazy because he tells me that he doesn't wanna be hurt again but i don't know what to do... i really like him and i explained to him my feelings a lot... i don't know... I'm trying to forget him but its hard

• Your reply seems to stem from not accepting the situation for what it is. He's said no, and doesn't want to risk getting hurt, and who would want to get hurt? You feel like crap when you do.

Anyway back to the reply. Maybe you've been to expressive of your feelings for him and seeing this is making him wonder whether or not you are willing to be friends or you're only interested in getting back with him. I think part of the problem is the fact you ARE telling him your inner thoughts and feelings, and he doesn't want that. He's interested in friends rather than lover from you. Try toning down your expression.

At the end of the day it is a matter of accept the hand you're dealt or forget about it completely. If you continue to explain your feelings to him he might decide for you and no longer spend time with you.