Guys, Does it bother you when girls clean your stuff?

I've been dating this dude for a minute and I was over the other day I started picking up some trash and he said "oh god are you cleaning my room?" As if it were a bad thing! He could have been kidding but I get the vibe he was being serious because he seems to do that any time my motherly side comes out. I'm just wondering, does that bother you guys? If so is it because it's like something that makes you feel like the girl is being controlling or assuming too much importance or makes you feel "whipped"/like a child or just some of you are adverse to motherly actions? Or what?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's a good thing for me because it mean that you care about your partner.

What Guys Said 25

• I don't know what's wrong with your boi, but I personally dig it if a girl was 'taking care' of me like that (cleaning, tidying, organizing etc.)

I'm although i'm excellent at getting work done and everything, it's just one thing that sort of pulls me down, it's my messiness, so having my girl help out with that is a win.

You're really sweet for doing that for your boi, but it's a pity that he isn't appreciative of your efforts.

• Lol , that doesn't bother me per say. I try not to be a slob either. With some guys it seems to make them feel like they are being subliminally called piggish or nasty if someone starts cleaning up their room of area.

• It would bother me if she threw away my things or moved them somewhere else >:(
    Most of us guys can have a messy ass room but still know exactly where everything is. We can stick our hand in one pile of junk and pull out our keys then stick our hand in another pile of junk a pull out our wallet. When you clean up and move this around you'll probably arrange our stuff in a way that's to different and we end up not know where our shit is.
    The gesture is appreciated though :)

• I think it's cute when a girl wants to clean a guys stuff up
    i don't see it being a bad thing i would be grateful to have
    a woman show her acts of kindness for him.

• I might feel embarrassed or tease her about it. But I the only thing I'd do is wonder why. If she just wanted to help me I'd think it was sweet.

• I luv it! Im sure he was embarrassed by ur action cuz he was a total mess. He failed to treat u like a queen lel

• We guys tend to like things the way it is. If it gets too bad, we'll clean it ourselves. But we almost never clean.

• You are becoming mother instead of lover and only a very sick guy would want one woman to take on both roles.

• yes because i'm good at cleaning basically

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• I wouldn't mind just as long as she's asks before throwing stuff away!

• I'd prefer if she didn't. If she thinks it's too messy just say "boy, it's messy in here..." and I'd get the message and take care of it myself. I want a partner in a relationship not a mother.

• Yea, I'd probably flip out. I hate it when people touch my stuff and I really hate when people move my stuff around.

• General cleaning is fine, but guys don't like you in their personal stuff.

• I have nothing to clean aha I always clean up after myself :P

• Yes. I mean thanks for keeping my house clean but I KNOW WHERE THE THINGS ON MY DESK WERE BEFORE YOU MOVED EVERYTHING.

• I don't really mind, but I also don't want a girl to have to clean up my shit.
    If she thinks it's too messy she should just drop a hint.
    As someone else said, I'm not looking for a mother.
    Unless I'm sick.
    Then I want a mother.

• It bothers me when my gf cleans my stuff because it's not her responsibility. I just feel like it's wrong to let her do something that I should and easily could do on my own.

• Yes that pisses me off I like to stay a pig sty

• No Id like it

• It's mostly a good thing. I'd feel so cared for...

• Not usually, but I prefer doing it my self as I am a gallant person.

• Nope, it doesn't bother me

• I might feel a little guilty about it but otherwise would not bother me

• If you don't like messes, why are you dating a messy guy. I wouldn't come in your place and start messing stuff up, right?

• You can clean anything, provided you put it back where you found it. If that means the middle of the floor, then that's where you'd better leave it.