Do you laugh a little when people claim "Looks don't matter!"?

Whenever I hear someone claim this, from both genders, I always giggle because this statement is so full of transperent bullcrap. Looks do matter to an extent, it's the first thing you notice of a person and the first impression is the absolute most important. Let's say you saw this house and it looked awful, like if you walked inside your cringed, but in reality this house was beautiful on the inside. However, you don't know this do you? You only know what's on the outside at first and because of what's on the outside that first impression is preventing you from digging deeper, the same goes for looks. You have to be physically appealing to attract someone because the attraction is what you need in order to show them you're personality, but if you're ugly the chances of this happening are next to none in the real world.

What do you think of this statement?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's bullshit to reassure themselves, because who wants to feel ugly? Of course looks matter to some degree.

First impressions count. Looking after yourself says a lot about what's inside you as well as your outside. And looks are what gets your personality's foot in the door.

• That being said, I think everyone has the capability to make themselves someway physically attracting. Such as style and health but most importantly personal hygiene - make sure you smell right make sure you breath is clean honestly bro this should go without saying but you'd be surprised how many people leave their house smelling like they shower with rain water.

• Absolutely! Taking care of your body with good hygiene shows you at least like yourself.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't really hear people say "looks don't matter". Usually it's like, "Looks matter, but personality is more important", or "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (which is true).

• The statement is true in theory but not in its literal sense.
    Once you love someone looks really don't matter much---when I look at my family and friends it doesn't matter if they're having the ugliest day ever, that's not what I care about.

But before you get to the point of love, looks is really all you've got to go off of. So they do matter at first. Because you don't really know the person!

• Always and loudly while I challenge them on it :)

• I don't like it when people say things they don't truly believe. I don't understand it.

What Guys Said 4

• Just a little bit because lets be honest they do matter a little bit I mean personality is what I mostly look for but I still want the girl I date to look good you know?

• Yeah, I laugh. Everything you said is true.

• People say it to look pc. Thats alll.

• I laugh until my butt falls off.

I've had like 674 surgeries already.