Online Dating: What's a good opening message to send someone on an Online Dating site?

Most Helpful Girl

• A small paragraph (4-5 lines) saying why you liked her profile and what you think you might have in common.

You have to keep in mind. that girls get a LOT of responses on dating sites. Most of them are one line which even though you might be the nicest guys in the world will get lost in the pile.

It's like anything else in life. If you want to succeed, you have to stick out from the pack.

What Girls Said 2

• Something funny or random relating to a detail on her profile as an icebreaker. If you make me laugh I'm going to respond.

• Hi, I noticed we have (something in common) and I'd like to get to know you better. Ask some questions relating to her profile and say a little about yourself. I agree that a short paragraph is best. Ask of she'd like to meet in person within 4-5 messages back and forth.

What Guys Said 1